PDA

View Full Version : registering as a childminder, food business etc.

chezzagriff
18-01-2013, 12:12 AM
I am waiting on my registration visit date which when I rang ofsted was told it will be posted out this week! I have been told I cant register with NCMA until I am registered and so cant get liability insurance off them until then. Is this ok or should I have it before my visit? Also when and how do I register as a food business? I have a copy of the safer food better business handbook but thats it. Do I need to be inspected by environmental health or anyone else? Lastly once registered how do I actually register as a business and self employed?
Thanks everyone for any help

shortstuff
18-01-2013, 05:40 AM
Hi, good luck with the visit when it happens x

Your first job is the ofsted visit, then tell ncma n they put the insurance and membership with them into place.

With the food side yes environmental health do come out and complete an inspection. It isnt as stressful as you would imagine though x

Is that all your queries covered? Sorry if its not x

shortstuff
18-01-2013, 05:41 AM
[QUOTE="Gail Tracey;1198847"]Hi, good luck with the visit when it happens x

Your first job is the ofsted visit, then tell ncma n they put the insurance and membership with them into place.

With the food side yes environmental health do come out and complete an inspection. It isnt as stressful as you would imagine though x

You phone HMRC to get the self employed part under way and they are really helpful too x

sarah707
18-01-2013, 07:54 AM
Once Ofsted have visited you can do the rest -

Research and pick your insurance company - either Morton Michel or NCMA offer childminding insurance at present so you should compare the 2 and choose the one best for you.

Let environmental health know you are working as a food business - all areas are different so they will let you know the local requirements.

Once you are earning you need to let HMRC know you are self employed and National Insurance.

Hth :D

chezzagriff
18-01-2013, 03:44 PM
Ok thanks alot everyone. Cant wait to be up and running.