PDA

View Full Version : No payment

Kirsty90
17-01-2013, 10:07 PM
A parent gave me notice last October so when it happened I gave her two invoices, one for the month of October (due the last working day in October) & one for the days she was using in November due on the child's last day with me. I made her aware that the last invoice was due on the last day before I took the children on the morning & text to remind her of this the night before they were due & also the morning they were coming to which I got a lot of abusive texts back so I refused to take the children that morning unless payment was received beforehand. The children didn't come to me & we parted on bad terms (she sent me abusive texts & claimed to have reported me etc.) I gave her until the end of November to pay the invoice which unsurprisingly she didn't so I sent her a letter with a revised invoice (minus the day I didn't take children) & gave her 7 days to pay which again she didn't! I contacted my insurance & tbh they weren't very helpful so with the advice of my partner I took out a court claim against her for the invoice amount, late fees & the sum for the court claim. She must of received the court claim letter today as she is now bad mouthing me on Facebook. From what I have said would you say I have handled anything the wrong way? I'm new to all of this & it's my first non paying parent and a little bit worried about what she may or may not do or say about me?

This is the last thing I need at the minute being 25 weeks pregnant but I just want what's owed to me!

Thanks for reading if you've got this far & any advice is appreciated xx

TAZ
17-01-2013, 10:31 PM
How frustrating, Has she said why she hasn't paid? It's odd since she was the one who gave notice.
Annoying as well that the insurance company weren't much help.
Sounds like you're following the right course of action legally.

I guess my main advice would be to avoid leaving anything on facebook (or any other social media) remember how many people can see it & once said it's 'out there'. Remain professional. I would print off what she has said about you / the situation on facebook and keep a record of what she has said and the abusive texts.

Going forward make sure all payments are made in advance

Hope it all gets sorted out for you soon and you get some lovely new mindees.

Kirsty90
18-01-2013, 08:35 AM
She hasn't paid because I don't think she had any intentions of paying the last invoice to be honest as she left just because I fell pregnant. She just didn't expect me to refuse childcare on the last day. I haven't put anything in Facebook & would never stoop to that level I've stayed professional through all of it & kept everything recorded.

On Facebook it looks as though she's threatening to report me etc (she said this before) , what would ofsted do if she reported me now after all this time? Not that I've got anything to hide I'd be more than happy for ofsted to come just could do without the stress.

Thank u for taking the time to reply! Xx