PDA

View Full Version : Just love parents !!

desiderata
17-01-2013, 04:35 PM
Our local schools have decided to close tomorrow due the fact it may snow x Well I just informed a parent whos child only comes for 1 hour after school , I dont have the child school days off or holidays grandparents do , and she went off on one about paying for childcare that she was not gonna get. It went along the lines of " Well I know its your living ( and she knows I ve just got divorced so therefore it is my mortgage , bills etc. ) but I hate paying for a service Im not getting !! those teachers dont know if its gonna snow or not , Bearing in mind she is a teaching assistant and if her school closes which it has lots of times previously, she will get PAID., Rant over x:mad:

caz3007
17-01-2013, 04:42 PM
I would have said, as I am open, whoever is looking after the child tomorrow is more than welcome to drop them here at school pick up time and you can collect as normal, just so you are getting the service you are paying for

izzy23
17-01-2013, 04:44 PM
So hang on, whats your fee policy if your setting is open for that hour after school and able to provide a service, that she still pays full fee yeah even if child doesn't attend for whatever reason, same principal isnt it, if she sends child to grandparents etc and you are still available to work then throw the contract at her - politely of course :littleangel:

Ripeberry
17-01-2013, 05:46 PM
Depends on how much you charge for that one hour. If it's less than £10 then is it worth her even quibbling about it?
A CM I know has been asked to have a child all day if the snow falls, but the mum wants CM to collect and drop off (not something she does normally). The CM is quite right in saying that if the parent wants the service they must come to her.
Why would she risk having a smash in the snow and then have to pay out £200 or more accident claim excess just for less than £30 that she would earn.

izzy23
17-01-2013, 05:52 PM
Depends on how much you charge for that one hour. If it's less than £10 then is it worth her even quibbling about it?
A CM I know has been asked to have a child all day if the snow falls, but the mum wants CM to collect and drop off (not something she does normally). The CM is quite right in saying that if the parent wants the service they must come to her.
Why would she risk having a smash in the snow and then have to pay out £200 or more accident claim excess just for less than £30 that she would earn.

Heh, some parents eh? :laughing:

FussyElmo
17-01-2013, 06:20 PM
Your school is shutting due to the fact it may snow - wow :laughing::laughing:beginning to think other than me and charleyfarley there wont be many doing school runs :D

bunyip
17-01-2013, 06:49 PM
So hang on, whats your fee policy if your setting is open for that hour after school and able to provide a service, that she still pays full fee yeah even if child doesn't attend for whatever reason, same principal isnt it, if she sends child to grandparents etc and you are still available to work then throw the contract at her - politely of course :littleangel:

Tip: a piece of paper will fly better if you wrap it round a brick. :rolleyes:

bunyip
17-01-2013, 06:50 PM
Your school is shutting due to the fact it may snow - wow :laughing::laughing:beginning to think other than me and charleyfarley there wont be many doing school runs :D

Time to strap those tyre chains onto the buggy, Fussy. :D

FussyElmo
17-01-2013, 06:56 PM
Time to strap those tyre chains onto the buggy, Fussy. :D

No pushchair tomorrow so one under each arm and the other can have a piggyback :laughing:

Kiddleywinks
17-01-2013, 08:01 PM
Tip: a piece of paper will fly better if you wrap it round a brick. :rolleyes:

I just burst out laughing at that, brilliant! :clapping::thumbsup:

izzy23
17-01-2013, 08:31 PM
I just burst out laughing at that, brilliant! :clapping::thumbsup:

hehehhee, Me too :)

silvermist
17-01-2013, 09:30 PM

Our three village schools are all on the same road. first school and junior open today but high school was closed! Why....because of the ice on the playground! Obviously the snow and ice somehow managed to only hit the high school and missed the other two! :rolleyes:

TAZ
17-01-2013, 10:56 PM
Our schools are still open tomorrow but I don't have any pre-schoolers tomorrow so no need for the pushchairs up & down the hill!

bunyip
18-01-2013, 08:06 AM
No pushchair tomorrow so one under each arm and the other can have a piggyback :laughing:

[Mild sexism alert:o]

Gosh Fussy, you must have strong arms!!!

No offence, but the thought of those bulging biceps has shattered my previous mental image of you.
Can you really have gone from 'Beautiful Jane Austen Heroine' to 'Eastern Bloc Shotputter' so quickly? :rolleyes:

FussyElmo
18-01-2013, 08:09 AM
[Mild sexism alert:o]

Gosh Fussy, you must have strong arms!!!

No offence, but the thought of those bulging biceps has shattered my previous mental image of you.
Can you really have gone from 'Beautiful Jane Austen Heroine' to 'Eastern Bloc Shotputter' so quickly? :rolleyes:

Oh Bunyip you are lovely and always make me smile.

Would it help if i said it would be Mr Fussyelmo who has the bulging biceps. I would just be supervising and risk assessing whether or not he could fit me on his shoulders :laughing::laughing::laughing:

bunyip
18-01-2013, 08:13 AM
Oh Bunyip you are lovely and always make me smile.

Would it help if i said it would be Mr Fussyelmo who has the bulging biceps. I would just be supervising and risk assessing whether or not he could fit me on his shoulders :laughing::laughing::laughing:

The divine image is restored. :littleangel: