PDA

View Full Version : No comments from parents in LJ...

lucyD
17-01-2013, 01:50 PM
Sent LJ home with both sets of parents (have 2 mindees) One came back with lots of lovely notes & feedback. The other verbally said it was nice, but when I looked had not written anything in the comments even though I had asked if she could. What shall I do? I always seem to hassle this set of parents for ANYTHING written. Verbal communication-not a problem! I am just thinking ahead for my Ofsted visit. Shall I ask again or make a note in my diary they did not want to write comments but verbally told me they are happy/like it aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhh

funemnx
17-01-2013, 01:56 PM
Frustrating isn't it but we can't make them write something - some of mine write something and some don't - I'm hoping that Mrs O comes on a day when I have LJ's with comments in them! I have got some feedback forms back so at least that's something to show too :rolleyes:

TNT
17-01-2013, 02:12 PM
I would write in the LJ that it was sent home on such and such a date and then write the verbal comments made.
Maybe parents are not comfortable writing things down officially, I know a few parents who have worried about their spelling and handwriting not being good enough, or are dyslexic.

Tink
17-01-2013, 02:17 PM
I agree with TNT perhaps if you create a sheet which says parents feedback with speech bubbles or something and you can add their feedback/comments for them, it may encourage them to make further comments in future:thumbsup:

jackie 7
17-01-2013, 02:18 PM
If you have a home daily diary write down what what parents said. I now do this. Also weird that the parents didn't write in it. Ask yourself to find a way to get them to write. Shows mrs o that you are reflecting on your practice.

lilac_dragon
17-01-2013, 02:18 PM
I would write in the LJ that it was sent home on such and such a date and then write the verbal comments made.
Maybe parents are not comfortable writing things down officially, I know a few parents who have worried about their spelling and handwriting not being good enough, or are dyslexic.

I have 2 parents who write whole stories.
1 parent who says with 3 other older children she reads mine but doesn't have time to write anything
1 parent who is dyslexic and doesn't write anything.

The 2 non-writers always chat to me so i just put in "Thank you parent A for telling me that your child ..........etc etc etc it was nice to be able to chat."

mrstom
17-01-2013, 02:31 PM
I have 2 parents who write whole stories.
1 parent who says with 3 other older children she reads mine but doesn't have time to write anything
1 parent who is dyslexic and doesn't write anything.

The 2 non-writers always chat to me so i just put in "Thank you parent A for telling me that your child ..........etc etc etc it was nice to be able to chat."

I have two parents...

Parent A sends in lots of 'wow' moments each week and is constantly wanting to know what I'm doing and asks regularly how LO has come along, what goals they've achieved etc. I actually find this parent really hard work as I have LO part-time, term time only and she's been off sick LOTS so we don't have much to show for it at the moment!

Parent B sends in NOTHING! I get 'have a nice day' written in the diary with the odd comment about teething, dad does pick up and drop off and barely says two words.

One day I hope to have a happy medium :rolleyes:

peppa Pig
17-01-2013, 02:40 PM
i write any verbal comments down and put them in the learning journal. some parents prefer that.

lucyD
17-01-2013, 03:52 PM
Thanks, may politley just ask again & see what she says, she may have not listened to me properly. Then if not will write something down myself! Luckily she HAS completed a parent questionnaire recently so thats a start :-) You are right though, if I reflect & work out other ways for feedback I am doing all I can :)