PDA

View Full Version : Cold Weather - What do you keep in the car?

TAZ
17-01-2013, 11:57 AM
With the persistent cold weather forecast, I was wondering what you all keep in your cars 'just in case'

I want to get a box together and was wanting ideas:idea:

caz3007
17-01-2013, 12:41 PM
Snacks, couple of cartons of juice, warm clothing, nappy changing bits if needed, fleecy blankets. We have most of this in our car all year round:D

AliceK
17-01-2013, 12:49 PM
I have a bag containing snacks (savoury and sweet), bottled water, nappies, extra fleeces, wellies but I don't keep it in the car I just grab it when we go out. I always have blankets, wipes and first aid kit in the car anyway. 3 years ago I got stuck in the snow for 4hrs after a visit to the supermarket with a very unhappy 2yr old DD who got fed on mini cocktail sausages because she was hungry :laughing: I will never forget that. 10mins from home and it took 4hrs.

xxx

TAZ
17-01-2013, 02:58 PM
Thank you for your replies,
I guess we prob normally have most things we need but think I might make sure I have some extra snacks, drinks & blankets just in case :thumbsup:

Ripeberry
17-01-2013, 03:23 PM
I've invested in some snow socks for the car wheels so at least I can still keep moving. I'm out in the countryside so need them ;-)

blue bear
17-01-2013, 05:00 PM
Apart from the normal emergency bits I the car nothing as when we get the slightest freeze my locks freeze and I can't get into the car,
I'd rather walk anyway it feels safer to me and living in a small town I know most people so would just knock on a door and ask for help if I came unstuck for any reason.