PDA

View Full Version : feeding this LO is getting me down :(

dette
17-01-2013, 10:13 AM
I've always provided good home cooked meals and they have always been included in the price ,i took on a LO in november when i was having a quiet couple of weeks and within days of doin contract i ended up with enquiries coming out of my ears,anyway back to the point ...i was feeling obliging and thought my workload wasnt to heavy so i agreed to make LO his evening meal at 4/4 30 to go home at 5 as thats what he was used to at nursery and he went to bed at 6 30 .I hadnt fully thought it through,i always do evening meal at 5 ,Thats when DH comes home and we have a big family meal ,me ,DH our 7 kids and one mindee who is with us till late.but i'm struggling,by the time im home from school its 3 45 and even though im batch cooking most of his meals by the time ive got in and made snack for schoolies and my own kids then prepared LO meal and helped him eat got him ready to leave ive not even started our meal,last night we ate at half 6..the kids were starving,do you think i'm bein unreasable to ask if LO could eat at home at 5 when he gets home.i feel bad but i dont feel like anyone in the house gets any attention between school and tea where previously they were all in the kitchen at our big table doing activities that i had set up while the had snack and i prepared our evening meal,..dont like feeling like im letting people down

mama2three
17-01-2013, 10:18 AM
How about saving 1 portion of tonights dinner which lo has for dinner tomorrow..in effect hes always a day behind what everyone else is having , but it can be warmed whilst youre making snacks for the others and then they can eat together?

Tunja
17-01-2013, 10:20 AM
,do you think i'm bein unreasable to ask if LO could eat at home at 5 when he gets home.i feel bad but i dont feel like anyone in the house gets any attention between school and tea where previously they were all in the kitchen at our big table doing activities that i had set up while the had snack and i prepared our evening meal,..dont like feeling like im letting people down

I only prove a cooked evening meal at 5.00pm and if they are not picked up until 5.30 so they have time to eat it. I would suggest, if you do continue to feed him, offer a high tea not dinner. Beans on toast, scrambled egg or similar. This will allow you more time.

Tunja

dette
17-01-2013, 10:35 AM
I only prove a cooked evening meal at 5.00pm and if they are not picked up until 5.30 so they have time to eat it.

Tunja

this is what i have always done previous to this but now im feeding LO at 4 30 which takes about 20 mins as he is a slow eater then doing round 2 at 5 o'clock,yesterday another LO should have left at 4 but was running late then wanted to chat so that made mindees meal late and gave me no time to get our meal ready,.I've tried changing my own kids meal times to 4.30 and feeding everyone then but my DH doesnt get in untill 5 and we always eat as a family :(.
I just want one meal time ,i should have said no to feeding ealier than i usually do but i was needing the work

dette
17-01-2013, 10:37 AM
How about saving 1 portion of tonights dinner which lo has for dinner tomorrow..in effect hes always a day behind what everyone else is having , but it can be warmed whilst youre making snacks for the others and then they can eat together?

most of his meals are cooked and in either fridge or freezer but it still takes about 20 min to feed him.he is 20month and although he is having a go at feeding himself he needs alot of help so i have to sit with him.the kids snacks are over in seconds ..hungry schoolies

miffy
17-01-2013, 10:48 AM
What about sandwiches or finger foods that he can manage mostly by himself so that you can still get on with your own meals etc.

I'd give that a try and if still no good then talk to mum.

Miffy xx

dette
17-01-2013, 10:56 AM
What about sandwiches or finger foods that he can manage mostly by himself so that you can still get on with your own meals etc.

I'd give that a try and if still no good then talk to mum.

Miffy xx

i supose if i made his main cooked meal at midday then i would still be giving him veg meat etc ...this is why i love this forum xxxx i get so set in my little routines that it takes someone else to point out the obvious .i'll do that starting from today .i'll give him the chicken ,veg and mash that i've got ready for tonights evening meal ,now for his lunch and finger foods for tonight xxx

caz3007
17-01-2013, 11:18 AM
i supose if i made his main cooked meal at midday then i would still be giving him veg meat etc ...this is why i love this forum xxxx i get so set in my little routines that it takes someone else to point out the obvious .i'll do that starting from today .i'll give him the chicken ,veg and mash that i've got ready for tonights evening meal ,now for his lunch and finger foods for tonight xxx

Then each day keep a portion of the previous nights dinner to reheat for his lunch, makes life easier and tell mum this is how it is going to be