PDA

View Full Version : Lindam Safe & Secure Playpen as safety gate/s?

lisbet
17-01-2013, 09:40 AM
After more advice, sorry! :o

I'm looking to get a gate to go across my wide hall to keep mindees from stairs, front door, cat food etc, and another to go across my wide landing to keep them from cat litter tray and way to stairs. (Only planning on using upstairs for naps.)

If money were no object I'd probably get 2 Kiddyguard roll away gates, but I'm trying to work out best options on a budget :rolleyes: and am wondering about the playpen/ room divider above...I thought maybe I could use the gate and 1 section in the hall, and then use 2 sections on the landing. I wondered about attaching them with some sort of cup hooks or similar - I think that would keep toddlers from getting through them and still be quick enough to undo in case of fire, but might Ofsted deem it as unsafe because I wasn't using the proper Lindam wall fixing accessories pack?

Any thoughts or alternative recommendations welcomed. :)

lilac_dragon
17-01-2013, 09:47 AM
I have the same problem re wide spaces!

I use the big extending fireguards which have 3 sides to enclose the fireplace IYKWIM?
Dh fitted Eyelets to the walls each side so they can be hooked on.

Ofsted have seen these in use at mine for 3 inspections and no problems, thought it a good alternative!
Also good recycling!!

lisbet
17-01-2013, 11:21 AM
I have the same problem re wide spaces!

I use the big extending fireguards which have 3 sides to enclose the fireplace IYKWIM?
Dh fitted Eyelets to the walls each side so they can be hooked on.

Ofsted have seen these in use at mine for 3 inspections and no problems, thought it a good alternative!
Also good recycling!!

Thank you for that! I have one of these, and used to use it across the landing when my youngest was 2 and in the habit of wandering around half asleep in the middle of the night :rolleyes: but I didn't know if it would be acceptable for mindees. :thumbsup: