PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone want to buddy up and share ideas?

mmichellled
16-01-2013, 08:56 PM
Anyone in the process of getting ready to register with ofsted and fancy keeping in touch to support each other? I am finding the whole process quite confusing and the course I did hasn't helped at all with what I need in place for Ofsted.

Katie1980
17-01-2013, 11:23 AM
Hello I would buddy up with you if you want I am in final stages and have now got to wait for Ofsted to let me know when to visit but more than happy to compare notes etc
Katie x

Nora
17-01-2013, 03:04 PM
Hi Katie,

I am just starting out, so hints tips and Ideas would be great, I would like to do before and after school as I have a two year old little girl.

I used to do risk assessments, procedures in my Admin supervisors job, so used to doing them, I suppose there are lots to do!

Next week I am doing a pedatric first aid course, I have my food hygene cert already, what else do I need to do.

Thanks

Nora:laughing:

Rachael's stars
17-01-2013, 11:14 PM
Hi i would buddy up, been very busy getting things sorted and am just waiting on ofsted now.
Its very hard setting all this up when you have no one to sit and go through things with you. Many times i feel like theres so much to cover im prob making work for myself or trying to hard, but hoping it will pay of in the end.

Rachael's stars
17-01-2013, 11:26 PM
Hi Katie,

I am just starting out, so hints tips and Ideas would be great, I would like to do before and after school as I have a two year old little girl.

I used to do risk assessments, procedures in my Admin supervisors job, so used to doing them, I suppose there are lots to do!

Next week I am doing a pedatric first aid course, I have my food hygene cert already, what else do I need to do.

Thanks

Nora:laughing:

Have you looked into safegurding/ child protection courses? Also iv just contacted my local council for my houee to be registered as a premissis to provide food. Still waiting to hear back. Any maybe contact your local fire department to do a fire risk check on your house? X

jadavi
18-01-2013, 05:44 AM
What a great idea! Wish I'd done this.
Mind you one question on this forum will generate ten answers in half a day!

amy83
20-01-2013, 03:49 PM
Hi I'm just going through the registration process with ofsted at the min. I also got nothing from the course I did. I've been in childcare for years but all this is so confusing x

sali
25-01-2013, 11:06 PM
Hi i would like to buddy up i have just done my first aid n completed my cypop5 and just waiting for the nest bit? do u know if u can contact ofsted before your safeguarding course now as they so much has changed now?

sprinkles
26-01-2013, 10:27 PM
I'd like to buddy up but I'm in Scotland :)

Nora
27-01-2013, 07:02 AM
I have been in contact with the fire dep, waiting for a call back, looking into safguarding at the mo, who did your CRB check? Done all the procedures and my forms, asked Ofstead for a pack, is there anything else you can think off?

Rachael's stars
27-01-2013, 10:32 PM
I have been in contact with the fire dep, waiting for a call back, looking into safguarding at the mo, who did your CRB check? Done all the procedures and my forms, asked Ofstead for a pack, is there anything else you can think off?

Your crb will be done once ofsted process your application to register and u only pay the stated fee that the will send a bill for, depending on what registers you want to be on im on both and cost me £35 to register plus crb x

knittaroo
28-01-2013, 02:00 PM
Yes please! Can I join in? I've finished my CYPOP5 but did it online so you don't get to pick peoples brains and swap ideas. First aid course is done, and safeguarding course booked. Waiting for OFSTED now, all forms sent and fees paid. NMCA say wait until they have been to join (but I'd quite like to get a glimpse of the paperwork first!) and I need to register with Inland revenue as self employed, and with the data people......it's all a bit of a mine-field isn't it! I am finding it all rather daunting atm....

mmichellled
29-01-2013, 02:23 PM
Hi All

So sorry after creating this thread I couldn't log in again. How would be best to keep in touch and discuss bits and bobs? Facebook?

mmichellled
29-01-2013, 02:43 PM
Hi anyone looking to buddy up please feel free to find me on facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/michelle.dolbear

Rachael's stars
29-01-2013, 07:23 PM
Iv friend requested you x

mmichellled
29-01-2013, 07:30 PM
Thanks Rachel

I had a couple of other friend requests but they have disappeared when I tried to add via phone. Apologies to anyone who sent one I am not ignoring you please add again :-)

tazzietwo
30-01-2013, 01:47 PM
Hi, I am having to wait til September to do the course but am hoping to use this year to equipt myself with as much info and knowledge as I can as it seems to be such a confusing/mind boggling experience to begin with. Therefore, do you mind if I 'follow' you along your journey to get my head around things for when September (and beyond!) arrives. I, in turn will share anything I find out along the way. Thanks and good luck, Tara

mmichellled
30-01-2013, 08:30 PM
Yes join us. Find me on facebook if you like. I prob can't be much help at the moment but by the time you come to register I hope I can be.

tazzietwo
30-01-2013, 09:29 PM
Thanks hun, will find you on FB and hope we can help each other through the minefield!

Nikki382
02-02-2013, 09:46 AM
I will buddy up! I'm on facebook Nicola Bottomley - photo with my little boy. I'm waiting for a call regarding a visit so at same stage. :)

knittaroo
03-02-2013, 09:43 PM
Maybe we could create a FB group, might be easier than finding each other on here? What do you all think? Michelle and I have already swapped a few things by email and it's bee a great help and reassurance to me - all for one and one for all etc!

I'm at https://www.facebook.com/ruth.wilson.395669

If you send me a friend request please say where you are from - I reject people I haven't met in person normally!

mmichellled
04-02-2013, 03:36 PM
great idea ruth! I am chatting to a few people so will suggest

mmichellled
04-02-2013, 03:38 PM
I will buddy up! I'm on facebook Nicola Bottomley - photo with my little boy. I'm waiting for a call regarding a visit so at same stage. :)

Sorry Nicola can't find you. You should be able to find me via the link I posted

mmichellled
04-02-2013, 03:46 PM
http://www.facebook.com/groups/298372246952546/