PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Care

Katy M
16-01-2013, 04:40 PM
I have been asked if I will look after one of my mindees for a full weekend. I don't mind because I think it will be a one off. I am registered for over night care. They want me to look after LO Friday through to Monday (3 night and parts of 4 days).

My questions are;

How much would you charge as weekend hourly rate?
I am full on the Monday. Would they need to pick LO up before all my mindees arrive or is it ok to go over numbers as a one off by a couple of hours?

Thank you for your input.

:laughing:

Katy M
17-01-2013, 02:18 PM
Does the lack of response mean that not many of you get asked to do weekend care? I thought it would be quite common. Still stuck!!:rolleyes:
If anyone can help, please do...

:D

FussyElmo
17-01-2013, 02:25 PM
I cant answer your quesy on weekend/overnight care as I dont do either.

Your qestion on the going over number - do you mean you will have 4 under 5 for a few hours on the monday. yes that will be classed as continuity of care but you will have to rs and get all your other parents on board too. If you mean go over your 6 under 8 then no you cant do this and the child will have to be picked up.

mama2three
17-01-2013, 02:27 PM
I would charge time and a half for daytime hours - plus the nights - so depending what time on friday just normal fee . At my rates £35 full day Fri , £52 a day sat and sun , £35 a night Fri Sat and Sun then normal monday fees of £35- £261. I might round it to £250 if I was feeling generous! I wouldnt want to work weekends normally , nor do overnights , so higher fees reflect this - remember that you are likely to work all week , then the weekend, then all week again and so it really will be tiring - dont undersell yourself!
As for the Monday , it depends if you are up to the full 6 children you can have - its never ok to go over this number.

Katy M
17-01-2013, 02:41 PM
Thank you for your responses.

No I wouldn't be over my 6 under 8, I would just have 4 under 5 for a couple of hours. And you think this is ok as a one off. Thats great.

I know it sounds like a lot of work but my own two LO will really enjoy having mindee around at the weekend and she is so laid back she's brilliant.