PDA

View Full Version : ****** - gold?

samb
16-01-2013, 02:34 PM
I like to use ****** for its great activity ideas. There are a few I have clicked on recently where it says I have to have gold membership. I am no sure if its not really worth it... has anyone subscribed and do you think there is enough to make it worth the money?

Kirstylob
24-03-2013, 11:20 AM
Just what I was wondering. I really like the site but it is very frustrating when I can't get onto what I want because I don't have gold membership. The membership sounds really good but is it worth the money, it's not that cheap is it?
Hopefully someone will come along who has got the membership and let us know!

halor
24-03-2013, 12:17 PM
I've considered this too:confused:

blue bear
24-03-2013, 12:19 PM
Can someone give me a clue as to what has been asterisked out? I might be missing out on something good.

lisbet
24-03-2013, 12:31 PM
I c h i l d, perhaps?

Kirstylob
24-03-2013, 12:37 PM
That's what I'm talking about anyway, not sure why it is being asterixed out?

lisbet
24-03-2013, 12:42 PM
I think because it offers a childminder advertising service similar to the one run by the owner of this forum.

sarah707
24-03-2013, 12:45 PM
That's what I'm talking about anyway, not sure why it is being asterixed out?

Stars appear in posts for a variety of reasons - usually because a decision has been made not to promote or advertise the website which the stars are connected with.

For more information please see this thread - http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/member-information/106818-%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A-stars-your-message.html

If you are unsure you can always contact me or one of the moderators to ask us - we cannot read every thread so we might miss questions like this.

Thank you for your understanding :D

Chatterbox Childcare
24-03-2013, 04:06 PM
You don't need to have gold to get the activities and downloads

You also don't have to be a member, any childminder can access the materials once registered with no cost

loocyloo
24-03-2013, 04:18 PM
i think there are some things you can't download unless you are a gold member.

here you go ... you can't download a colouring/lyrics sheet for incywincy spider unless you are a gold/premium member ... yet there are lots of rhymes you can download without being a member ! ( i don't understand why they have chosen some and not others! ) http://*******************/activities/view/370/Incy-Wincy-Spider-Lyrics

QualityCare
24-03-2013, 04:44 PM
From what l can see l think its the most popular ones they have up graded to gold, l went on to download sheets l had used before only to find they were upgraded. It all seems to have happened around the time they joined forces with the old NCMA and now if you are a member of PACEY there are additional benefits as well.

samb
24-03-2013, 09:38 PM
Yes the website I was asking about is the one everyone is thinking!

You can access a lot of great material on there for free but there are others that you must be a gold member to access which is why I was wondering if it was worth it - it looks like not many have paid then?! I would quite like to have stories from different religions and picture timetables for example but you must pay for these.

Chatterbox Childcare
25-03-2013, 08:14 AM
Yes the website I was asking about is the one everyone is thinking!

You can access a lot of great material on there for free but there are others that you must be a gold member to access which is why I was wondering if it was worth it - it looks like not many have paid then?! I would quite like to have stories from different religions and picture timetables for example but you must pay for these.

The gold I belive is £7.99 a month and doesn't just give you downloads/support/resource ideas but upgrades your vacancies too, allowing you to put in a full profile and photographs that the parent can see. I had gold for 6 months and it was fantastic in that I had 9 calls and took on 6 of them. Paid for me to do it but not for everyone.

Chatterbox Childcare
25-03-2013, 08:15 AM
From what l can see l think its the most popular ones they have up graded to gold, l went on to download sheets l had used before only to find they were upgraded. It all seems to have happened around the time they joined forces with the old NCMA and now if you are a member of PACEY there are additional benefits as well.

This could be an error after the change over. Have you contacted PACEY and let them know?