PDA

View Full Version : Parents who fib make me very sad :(

Lilylulu
16-01-2013, 07:17 AM
Last night a parent tagged me in a photo on facebook (yes I know dont tell me off for being friends on fb - its how I get to know what really goes on lol)
The photo was supposedly of her child still wide awake at 11pm.....so by tagging me, she is almost indicating that this is somehow my fault...or am I paranoid? Kind of like a public complaint which is not nice. But then it dawned on me, in this photo the child's two front teeth have suddenly reappeared, he had them removed a couple of months ago - GRRRRRRRR!!!!! :angry: Why is necessary to lie to the person you trust with your precious child? such a trivial and unneccessary thing to lie about too. I want to comment on the photo about having grown back his teeth so she will know that I know and get her to take the photo down or tag off but I think it will sour the relationship. I have to say once I am lied to like this, I lose all faith and trust in a person :(

oxfordshirecm
16-01-2013, 07:24 AM
Why on earth did the parent lie to you in the first place about his two front teeth? It's strange what parents say and do sometimes but I know from experience that once this line is crossed you can never go back as I have recently had first hand experience of it :(

Tink
16-01-2013, 07:29 AM
I had a parent phone me on Monday asking me to collect Lo from her house as she had pulled her back and needed to rest.

I picked Lo up Mum laid on settee couldn't move.

To my astonishment Mum collected Lo early that day in her gym gear, I said is your back better she went as red as a beetroot, :blush:

Why lie?

Lilylulu
16-01-2013, 07:37 AM
He had the teeth out, the photo was an old one from a few months back, think she is trying to persuade us that the child doesn't need a sleep at ours during the day. If he could function without one then we would keep him up, but he simply can't manage, we let him have 45 minutes straight after lunch and always have to wake him, I think he could do with longer but we are trying to meet parents wishes :(

Kiddleywinks
16-01-2013, 07:42 AM
Sorry but I'd say something about his miraculous teeth when parent arrives to drop off or collect - how naughty!

Rick
16-01-2013, 07:54 AM
I had a parent phone me on Monday asking me to collect Lo from her house as she had pulled her back and needed to rest.

I picked Lo up Mum laid on settee couldn't move.

To my astonishment Mum collected Lo early that day in her gym gear, I said is your back better she went as red as a beetroot, :blush:

Why lie?

Presumably as she couldn't be bothered to move off the settee! Awful to lie though, you've got enough to do in the morning :mad:

silvermist
16-01-2013, 07:59 AM
I would definately have to mention his teeth growing back. Id say something like 'ahh that photo was sweet, Id forgotten what he looked like before he'd had his teeth out!':mad:

Tink
16-01-2013, 08:04 AM
He had the teeth out, the photo was an old one from a few months back, think she is trying to persuade us that the child doesn't need a sleep at ours during the day. If he could function without one then we would keep him up, but he simply can't manage, we let him have 45 minutes straight after lunch and always have to wake him, I think he could do with longer but we are trying to meet parents wishes :(

I would speak to her and say you saw the photograph, why did she tag you in it as it's an old photograph? etc
The trust issue will now have gone but she needs to clarify with you her child's sleeping wishes rather than posting on facebook!!!!!!

FussyElmo
16-01-2013, 08:15 AM
I would definately have to mention his teeth growing back. Id say something like 'ahh that photo was sweet, Id forgotten what he looked like before he'd had his teeth out!':mad:

I would be doing this too

scottishlass
16-01-2013, 08:16 AM

This is what I would say too!

AgentTink
16-01-2013, 08:18 AM
Just as a side note I have noticed on facebook recently that old pictures I have put on are every so often reappearing on my timeline as if I have just posted it. Double check dates before you say anything

caz3007
16-01-2013, 09:05 AM
I have untagged myself from photos in the past when I havent wanted them showing on my wall, so see if you can untag yourself and like others have said check the date and if it was yesterday, I would say what the others suggested something about their teeth

scottishlass
16-01-2013, 09:10 AM
Also you can change your settings on Facebook to be that you have to approve tags other people put on - might be worth doing and then you don't have them appearing on your wall x

Mouse
16-01-2013, 09:13 AM
Just as a side note I have noticed on facebook recently that old pictures I have put on are every so often reappearing on my timeline as if I have just posted it. Double check dates before you say anything

I agree with that. I have had really old photos that I'm tagged in pop up recently. No idea why. No one seems to have commented on them recently, but they come up for some reason. I'd double check it wasn't an old photo, but if I was sure it wasn't I'd definitely have to say something!

Tazmin68
16-01-2013, 09:25 AM
Just a comment. My local authority and local ncma representative suggested that to be professional do not have parents of existing mindees as friends on Facebook as overlapping into personal friendship as opposed to business relationship.

Boris
22-01-2013, 01:52 PM
Just a comment. My local authority and local ncma representative suggested that to be professional do not have parents of existing mindees as friends on Facebook as overlapping into personal friendship as opposed to business relationship.

I see their point but if parents request to be my friend I would feel very rude declining. I am very careful about what I put on there and would not post anything I didn't want my clients to see.

RuthJ
22-01-2013, 02:06 PM
I see their point but if parents request to be my friend I would feel very rude declining. I am very careful about what I put on there and would not post anything I didn't want my clients to see.

I wouldn't!! I must be mean!

I'm very careful about who I am friends with. I don't decline them, just ignore the requests although I don't think that they would get a notification to say their friend request had been 'declined' anyway. For all they know you might not log in very often.

Becci26
22-01-2013, 02:15 PM
I wouldn't!! I must be mean!

I'm very careful about who I am friends with. I don't decline them, just ignore the requests although I don't think that they would get a notification to say their friend request had been 'declined' anyway. For all they know you might not log in very often.

Me either! I have 1 parent of a 9yo girl that I am friends with purely because we were friends before I started minding.
I did have 1 request from a parent and I just ignored it, if they were to ask me about it I would be open in my reasons

LauraS
22-01-2013, 02:35 PM
I have my privacy setting set up so that I don't come up in searches when my name.is put in. So the problem never arises

jackie 7
22-01-2013, 02:41 PM
How do you do that Laura? I don't want anyone look at Lu page. Otis just for family and a few friends.

Tazmin68
22-01-2013, 05:43 PM
I was a friend with a parent before I became her childminder and just explained the reasons why I could no longer be her friend on Facebook. Ie being professional and she is fine about it.