PDA

View Full Version : Yearly planning

jashol
15-01-2013, 06:20 PM
Hello I've just been told by my advisor today that i need to do yearly planning for this she said too use A4 paper sheet for each thing I have in my setting I.e books , home Corner, bricks , and so on and to explain each thing in how it linked to the eyfs ! I have seen these up in schools and I feel us childminders are been given a lot more to do each time I see my advisor she keeps adding to my paperwork my home now looks more like a nursery than a home from home environment in getting a little fed up :( what do any of you lovely people do

Dragonfly
15-01-2013, 06:57 PM
I haven.t heard we have to do a yearly planning sheet. I was told we only have to write down what we are going to for the week for the children coming. I.e monday Rupert- get out such and such toys (interests) and do?, Tuesday Mavis- Get toys whatever out (interests) and do? and so on.
Do Obs when you think, wow moments, daily diaries. LJ"S care for and nurture the children.
Maybe she got confused and thought she was at reception class at a school!:blush:

Sarah will give you a good answer I'm sure.

p.s. Glad I dont have a Advisor, I just go to the courses and meetings.

moggy
15-01-2013, 07:05 PM
Nod, smile... and ignore. There is no need for extra paperwork, unless you particularly like to make paperwork (and some do!).

But if you do not want to ignore...

I don't really understand what she is asking for though, it sounds like 2 different things- 1] yearly planning and 2] Continuous provision resources linked to EYFS.
As for 1] yearly planning- other than annual festivals and birthdays and seasons, there is not much you can plan on a yearly basis and say it is child-led, who knows what they will be interested in or even what children you will have 6mths or 12mths from now. So maybe just showing you are remembering annual festivals and birthdays and seasons on your wall calendar would cover what she is looking for?
As for 2] that is something some people do and can give you an indication as to whether you are missing resources in a particular area... but only do it if you are interested and want to, it is not a requirement and can just as well be done in your head (looking around and seeing if you have resources, for the ages you care for, for all the EYFS areas- like do you have resources to support numbers, technology, health and self-care etc etc)

dette
15-01-2013, 07:27 PM
this sounds like shes asking you to list your continuous provision with links to development matters.ive got one that i think came from on here which is quite compehensive and could be adapted /extended,

sarah707
15-01-2013, 09:38 PM
Sounds like continuous provision planning to me - only do it if you think it will help you... it's very good but it does take a while to set up and it is not required

Hth :D