PDA

View Full Version : Another Variation advice

Loushah
15-01-2013, 06:00 PM
I work with an assistant and are allowed 4 mindees under 5 as I have two lo's. I was looking after 4 year old twins full time (varying hours) but Mother lost her job last month, their last day with us was 4th Jan. I have just managed to fill there spaces today, children start Monday.

Mother of twins just rang and said she is pretty certain she has got a new job and will find out for definate next week.

Would I be able to have a variation based on continuation of care? Or is it classed as new business.

I know it might sound like I am just being greedy, but I had the twins for nearly a year and they go to school in September so the mother really don't want them going to anyone else as they are really settled in here and with their last childminder they would literally be crying not to go to her, mother is really worried about them going anywhere else.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Tazmin68
15-01-2013, 06:21 PM
I would have thought that as long as you are within the numbers for under 8s and properly risk assess you would be ok. I had a child leave then return as did not like nursery and I did ask ofsted this question but I was only about one child and I was told ok as long as I had covered myself.

Loushah
15-01-2013, 07:15 PM
I would have thought that as long as you are within the numbers for under 8s and properly risk assess you would be ok. I had a child leave then return as did not like nursery and I did ask ofsted this question but I was only about one child and I was told ok as long as I had covered myself.

I would still be within my number under 8 as we are allowed 6 mindee's under 8. The twins mother will be so happy if we can look after them. Should I ring Ofsted tomorrow about it or just wait to hear if she has got the job before I ring?

Loushah
17-01-2013, 07:11 PM
Spoke to Ofsted and they advised that I could do a variation for the twins as it would be classed as 'continuation of care'....their mom was really pleased.

Wow gonna be hard work for me and my assistant if mom does get the job having 8 children under 5...I'm sure the day will go a lot quicker.