PDA

View Full Version : YAY My first advert!!!

kindredspirits
24-06-2008, 04:29 PM
:jump for joy: all our CRBS are finally here so i phoned ofsted and they said give it a few days to go through their system and my registration certificate will be winging its way to me!! :D so i went to the local PO and put an advert in the window £1.50 for 4 weeks!! my kind of advertising!!! gonna do a few more tomorrow, i phoned the receptionist at my local school and she said they don't put those kind of ads on their noticeeboard but i'm gonna put one in an envelope and send it to the head explaining that as they have a waiting list for their after school club they need to let parents know of their other options!! hehe, cheeky me!! :laughing:

sarah707
24-06-2008, 04:57 PM
Not cheeky - absolutely right!

The govt wrap around care scheme puts a duty on schools to provide care for children - either by themselves at after school clubs or by suggesting other places eg childminders!

So push for an advert! :D

Annie_T
24-06-2008, 07:30 PM
yea well done xx

mum22
24-06-2008, 07:31 PM
Good for you - let us know how it goes.

x helen

Pauline
24-06-2008, 07:53 PM
Not cheeky - absolutely right!

The govt wrap around care scheme puts a duty on schools to provide care for children - either by themselves at after school clubs or by suggesting other places eg childminders!

So push for an advert! :D

Indeed, and I would put that in the letter if I were you! Our school is fantastic for supporting local minders, yours should be doing the same.

Good luck :)

miffy
24-06-2008, 08:24 PM
Good luck - hope the advertising pays off

miffy xx

brillminder
24-06-2008, 08:37 PM
well done yes wrap around care is the "in word". If you dont put your self forward no one notices you some times.

what about one of my advert bags? let me know :) fingers crossed for you

katickles
24-06-2008, 08:43 PM
Thats great.

My local schools wouldn't do anything for me either as they have an after school club.

Will be interested to hear how you go on - good luck :)

kindredspirits
24-06-2008, 08:55 PM
well done yes wrap around care is the "in word". If you dont put your self forward no one notices you some times.

what about one of my advert bags? let me know :) fingers crossed for you

thats a good idea! i've got a sublimation kit from my last business venture!!! i'll have tocrack it out and make something pretty! :thumbsup:

kindredspirits
24-06-2008, 09:36 PM
hehehe - i just typed my cheeky letter to the head of the local school and i did put a nice professional sounding sentance about wrap around care!! thanks for that!

anna xx