PDA

View Full Version : laminator

TNT
15-01-2013, 01:29 PM
I have decided that I need a laminator, I a fed up with chucking away resources that I have made or printed after only a few uses. So I need recomendations. I have had a quick look online and their are some cheap ones but are they any good? Is it a case of buy cheap, buy twice?

Ballette
15-01-2013, 01:35 PM
I have a Texet A4 laminator and it's reaaly good. I think I paid around £10 for it and have had no problems :p

lizzy29
15-01-2013, 01:38 PM
I have a cheap texet laminator too it was about £8 in wilkinsons and has served me well I do love to laminate anything!! This week the children have made place mats for meal times and I have laminated them so I can wipe them over after each meal!

loocyloo
15-01-2013, 01:45 PM
i got mine in whs sale years ago. its great.

i am thinking about getting an A3 one now! ( but then i would need an A3 printer ;) )

Daisy De
15-01-2013, 02:00 PM
I love my laminator (I don't get out much!). I only paid about £10 for it and I have had it years, don't stand still I will laminate you I am slightly obsessed with it :blush:

I also buy Asda laminating pouches which are only £2.99 for 25 sometimes on offer at £1.99. They are perfect for what you need, don't go buying ones from Staples or PC World they are soooooooooo expensive when Asda ones are absolutely fine. :)

LauraS
15-01-2013, 02:31 PM
I have a texet one too, I'm sure.it was about ten pounds from Asda and its great. Ditto the cheap pouches too, the Asda cheapies are 25 for two pounds and are fine, I have some stuff in the garden which have been out since October and still look good (vegetable labels and mud kitchen signs)

The laminator is my favourite thing I've bought since registering and I've used it for all sorts, everything from a role play car garage/car wash in the garden with posters and signs to placemats, snap cards, number lines, bunting, signs to turn the Wendy house into a vets or hospital or whatever.

Have also trained my teen to cut.stuff out for me ;)

Would looovvvvvvve an a3 one (drool)

silvermist
15-01-2013, 02:37 PM
Mine was about £20 from Argos. Works brilliantly. Asda had there laminating pouches on sale at 25 for £1 a pack so bought 30 packs!!!!:D

mama2three
15-01-2013, 02:39 PM
Mine was about £20 from Argos. Works brilliantly. Asda had there laminating pouches on sale at 25 for £1 a pack so bought 30 packs!!!!:D

30! :eek: You are a bonafide laminatrix!!

shortstuff
15-01-2013, 02:41 PM
Mine came from asda with their pouches too. Ive even managed to put two pages in pouches before now n its fine. Have fun with your purchase x

TAZ
15-01-2013, 02:51 PM
I bought an A3 laminator years ago, It still works well, was relatively cheap (about £15-£20) model:EZ L3 - 01
My husband also sometimes uses it for safety posters at building sites

Love laminating things, for some reason it's very satisfying!

Jenna
15-01-2013, 03:01 PM
I've got the wh smiths one think it was about £14.99 I just picked it up in store and its been fab I laminate loads photos, paper card all sorts of things i did order the pouches off eBay mind as they were loads cheaper.

silvermist
15-01-2013, 03:28 PM
30! :eek: You are a bonafide laminatrix!!

:laughing::laughing::laughing: At that price I thought I'd stock up ;)

lynncjt
15-01-2013, 04:24 PM
I'm just about to buy one but didn't know if it was worth paying more - seems not! Thanks!

nannysue
15-01-2013, 05:30 PM
Mine was from Asda £10 ... i find it ok . I buy the pouches where ever they are the cheapest , If i go near a £ shop i always stock up .

I think it should be in the top 10 of essential equipment for childminders :thumbsup:

Kiddleywinks
15-01-2013, 06:01 PM
Wilkinsons special here too (Texet for about £10), love it, go for it!

Tazmin68
15-01-2013, 06:16 PM
I don't know if they still have any in stock but aldi had an offer a week ago with a laminator and also pouches

catminder
15-01-2013, 06:19 PM
Glad I've seen this thread, my laminator has jammed and I need a new one. I was thinking was it worth paying extra for a 'better' one but obviously not. I'll get mind from Wilkinson's then. Thanks for the advice

Alison X

PixiePetal
15-01-2013, 06:40 PM
I got pouches from Lidl last time, not used them yet (printed stuff to laminate today though!) but hope they are ok.

Laminator came from ASDA about 5 years ago and still going strong - even though I do have to pull the odd thing out when I get it wonky!

SYLVIA
15-01-2013, 07:36 PM
Love to laminate. I printed a pageful of autumn coloured leaves then put photo of the Lo hidden among them and laminated it. Made a lovely gift for parents. Be careful though, I got carried away once and put the open end of the pouch in first and it went round the roller instead of coming out. DP pulled it apart and got it out. It still works too

TNT
15-01-2013, 08:01 PM
Just bought one from Tesco online. Cost £10 :clapping:
Cant wait for it to arrive now, neither can OH, he has already made a list of what he wants laminating.
We are so sad:blush:

Rick
15-01-2013, 08:06 PM
I have a Texet A4 laminator and it's reaaly good. I think I paid around £10 for it and have had no problems :p

Yes I have the same and very happy with it. I got it in a bundle from Amazon with laminating sheets and a paper cutter. Not sure if offer still on or not :thumbsup:

Kiddleywinks
15-01-2013, 08:10 PM
Just bought one from Tesco online. Cost £10 :clapping:
Cant wait for it to arrive now, neither can OH, he has already made a list of what he wants laminating.

We are so sad:blush:

No, you're in good company with like-minded people :laughing::thumbsup:

cathtee
15-01-2013, 08:33 PM
Argos basic for me, didn't cost too much and but the pockets when I see them on offer, lidl last time A4 and A5 and buisness card size