PDA

View Full Version : Three 1 year olds?

BlondeMoment
15-01-2013, 12:41 PM
Hi everyone, and happy new year!
I currently look after two 1 year olds on a Tuesday and had a phone call today about another. Has anyone ever tried looking after three 1 year olds? I imagine it would be tricky to start with but once they were all used to each other it could be lovely. The only thing is, I'd need to get a triple buggy I'm guessing and I've no idea what that would cost. I'll need another travel cot too I imagine. Does anyone have any advise on this or should I run a mile lol?
The two I look after have both only just turned 1 so still quite little and both only just walking.
Any suggestions or comments would be helpful in deciding whether I can do this or not.
Lisa x

funemnx
15-01-2013, 12:50 PM
I did this and had 3 under ones on a Monday with the help of an assistant for the 1st year. They are all about to be 3 now and although it was hard work at the beginning with all the feeding, sleeping and nappy changing (not to mention the potty training! :panic:) it's lovely now, they play so well together, I manage them on my own now, no more afternoon sleeps plus they all walk to the school run and 2 of them are at playschool :)

I used a buggy pod which worked well :thumbsup:

dette
15-01-2013, 12:58 PM
when my son turned one i took on a baby of 4 months and when she turned 1 i took another LO who was just turned 1 aswell .it was lovely,they all got on really well and as the girls were both full time they grew up together.everyone thought they were triplets

emimihkos
15-01-2013, 01:14 PM
hi
I have 14mth and 12mth and another 10mth old starting soon .As the two I have got now have good routines and playing with each other nicely ,so I am hoping as well I could manage three of them :D
I am also looking for triple pushchair and don't want to spend loads :(
:D

amanda1309
15-01-2013, 01:17 PM
I've done it for 2 years now they are all 3 it was hard at the beginning but you get into a routine and it becomes much easier.
They are all playing with the wooden blocks at my feet as I type, they play lovely together. :)

BuggsieMoo
15-01-2013, 01:39 PM
I look after 1 year old twins (turn 2 soon) and a lo who turned 1 in November so in effect it was 1 under 1 and 2 1 year olds. I have 2 types of triple prams. Other than getting used to pushing a heavier load its been lovely having them all for the past 6 months. They are all here full time Monday-Friday and they all get on so well and get so excited to see each other. We now have mirrored sleep patterns so I have an hour when they are all asleep to catch up on the days paperwork. Wouldnt change it at all - they are lovely x

Angela234
15-01-2013, 02:16 PM
I look after mon 14 month and 2 x 16 month
Tues 1x 12 month 1x 16 one week next week 2x 16 montholds
Wed 16 month old
Thurs 1 x12 month 2x 16 month 1x 15 month (variation in place for those couple of hours)

IT IS HARD WORK but it does work i don't have school runs we play outside, i have a enclosed decking area leading out from lounge (safe and secure) also other areas when i can safely supervise.
I only get out and about when i'm down to 2
When they get a bit older i wil use the buggy board as well
I have 3 travel cots 2 buggies for extra sleeping 3 booster seats and a high chair

I have had these children since the eldest were 12 months they play well together most of the time and look foward to each other coming.
I know i don't get out and about a lot but we do play outside most days evan if its just for a little while.
I don't drive
As i said it's hard work some days i'm exhusted but most days i think what a lovely day it's been.
You can do it

LauraS
15-01-2013, 02:42 PM
From a business point of view, given that the third lo is only one.day per week I would be.considering whether the investment in a triple buggy would make the proposition worthwhile. I can't imagine the umbrella fold buggies are worth having for walking any distance, and even a t3 might struggle if all three babies wanted to sleep at once? A decent triple would cost about £500. Would you earn enough to clear enough profit to make that worthwhile?

For me, business here is fairly brisk and it would make.more sense to wait a couple of months for an older child to.fill the space.

TAZ
15-01-2013, 03:01 PM
Sounds like great fun!!:laughing::laughing::laughing:
I bought an extra travel cot and highchair on e-bay (both exellent condition) Could try looking there for a triple pushchair too.
Alternativly, I used to carry one on my back (backpack carrier) when I needed to walk & transport 3. I have no need to at the moment but the carrier's still available when required in the future.

BlondeMoment
21-01-2013, 04:34 PM
Thanks everyone! Think I'll look into getting a second hand buggy pod to attach to my tandem.
I met the little girl and her Mum last week and they seemed lovely. However they caught me on a very mad day when EVERYTHING went wrong so it'll be a miracle if they come back lol.
But we'll see. If they do, I'll take her on.

lilac_dragon
21-01-2013, 05:05 PM
Did it - Loved it!
Took them on at 11 months, 12months and 12 months.

Potty training was Hell!
All of them due for Pre-school soon and parents keeping them with me during non-pre school hours.