PDA

View Full Version : How do you get your website noticed?

Monkey1
24-06-2008, 03:44 PM
OK i have just done a website on freewebs, but unless i click onto it from this site or type in freewebs and log in i can't get onto it! Didn't realise how many cheeky monkeys were out there:( So how do you get it noticed? can anybody suggest other ways/ sites etc....preferably free!:D All advice appreciated , Thanks girls!

crazybones
24-06-2008, 04:01 PM
I put mine on my CIS advert. Then on my business cards and I think I started it in mid March and the counter says around 800 hits now.

kindredspirits
24-06-2008, 04:27 PM
i've got a search engine submission programme if you want it i can try and e-mail it to you. pm me your e-mail address and i'll see if its small enough to be sent.

Monkey1
24-06-2008, 04:33 PM
i've got a search engine submission programme if you want it i can try and e-mail it to you. pm me your e-mail address and i'll see if its small enough to be sent.

Thankyou ladies!

sarah707
24-06-2008, 04:54 PM
Have you set up your links page?

If so, we can link sites ... you put my address on yours and I'll reciprocate.

If you ask on a thread here, I'm sure lots of others will do the same.

www.little-sparkles.co.uk are members on here and have set up a clickable map ... for a reciprocal advert again.

Like Pauline says getting onto Google isn't easy as it takes time and lots of visitors ... but you can get there with determination!

barbarella68
24-06-2008, 07:03 PM
There is a lot of cheeky monkeys out there I should know I am one of them,I am Cheeky Monkeys Childminding I have had this name for 3 years.When I started out there were no Cheeky Monkeys around but now there are loads.:laughing:

Annie_T
24-06-2008, 07:57 PM
OK i have just done a website on freewebs, but unless i click onto it from this site or type in freewebs and log in i can't get onto it! Didn't realise how many cheeky monkeys were out there:( So how do you get it noticed? can anybody suggest other ways/ sites etc....preferably free!:D All advice appreciated , Thanks girls!

the freeweb site does offer putting it on their google engine site hun which makes it more searchable. - so they say.

also get it put on your adverts - some people may look there before calling you and taking your time up.

also put it on your facebook bebo in emails etc etc

Tily Bud
24-06-2008, 08:06 PM
I have mine linked to my cis page and on my business cards x

Monkey1
24-06-2008, 08:20 PM
There is a lot of cheeky monkeys out there I should know I am one of them,I am Cheeky Monkeys Childminding I have had this name for 3 years.When I started out there were no Cheeky Monkeys around but now there are loads.:laughing:

Yeah i know what you mean, i called it that about 4 years ago and googled it, and the only one that came up was one in New zealand and Australia so i thought i was safe! I have got everything printed etc with the name but thinking of just changing it to 'Paula's cheeky Monkeys'

Chell
24-06-2008, 08:47 PM
You need to learn about search engine optomisation (SEO) so get Googling! I'm not sure how much you can do with your site since it is a freebie and not a custom made site.

Do you want people to find your site by searching cheeky monkeys though? Surely the keywords would be childminder and the area that you are in? Does that make sense? Using my site as an example, the words I want people to find it by are things like sign language for children, baby signing, etc - I don't expect them to search by the site name.

Are you allowed your link in your sig here? The more links that you have to your site from other sites the better. In simple terms it shows the search engines that your site is trusted and that can help your rankings improve.

Chell
24-06-2008, 08:51 PM
There is another Cheeky Monkey with a freewebs site:
http://www.freewebs.com/cheekymonkeycc/

If you look at this:
http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.freewebs.com%2Fcheekymon keyschildminding%2F&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a - this shows that your site hasn't been indexed by Google yet, Google hasn't found it at all but this can take time. The search engines send out spiders or bots to trawl sites then it indexes them so they appear in the search engines. The more links from other sites to yours the easier it makes it for these spiders/bots to get around. Do you have any childminding friends who blog that might link from their blog to your site?

Submit the site to this free directory:
http://www.freeindex.co.uk/categories/Entertainment_and_Lifestyle/Childrens_Services/Childminders/

jaja
25-06-2008, 10:22 AM
i advertised on other sites such as nanny.com , visti, and ebay, mumsnet, it worked as i have had a few from people, basically put your advert everywhere, i typed my area in and then every advert offering to advertise you free i signed up too, took a couple of weeks to do it but now if you put the area in i automatically come up. good luck xxx

angeldelight
26-06-2008, 08:42 AM
Thanks for that interesting information Chell

Angel xx

Monkey1
26-06-2008, 12:53 PM
Yes Thank you Chell, will get my bum into gear and get it sorted x

barbarella68
26-06-2008, 12:56 PM
Hi can somebody tell me how do I get my website on here I have already put this website on my site.:blush:

Pauline
26-06-2008, 04:43 PM
Alyson - you just post it as normal in the Childminding Websites section.

These are moderated so it won't show until myself or one of the mods approve it. (We do that just so that we can check the sites for links as some people post before adding a link back to the forum :()

Pauline
26-06-2008, 04:45 PM
Monkey are you allowed to edit the Meta Tags, Keywords, Description and Title of your site?

That is another way to get your site indexed.

Chell
26-06-2008, 09:25 PM
Another thing is to add content to your site, the more that is on it the better. It helps as lots of the keywords are repeated, there is more chance of the search engines picking up the site for those terms/words.

brillminder
05-07-2008, 09:51 PM
interesting reading but i need a site first :)
help
can any one point me int he right direction for free web site one for selling my bags and childminding maybe linked, but fairly easy to start up ?
Also with instruction to add buy it now & paypal type of links ?
all info appriciated :) thank

Monkey1
05-07-2008, 09:53 PM
I have just given up and passed the buck to Pauline! She is going to sort out my site for me x

kindredspirits
06-07-2008, 09:10 AM
brillminder - i got my site from freevirtualservers - it costs £8 for two years domain registration, but you get a memorable name then, rather than freespace.blahblah.... (no offense to anyone who's got that!) :blush:

paypal shopping basket is dead easy to set up, if you decide to do it i can give you some help on that.
i set up two webshops - www.kindredspiritscrafts.co.uk and www.kindredspiritsbaby.co.uk - give's you some idea of what the paypal shops can look like.

hth a bit
anna x

MissTinkerbell
06-07-2008, 01:58 PM
I've put my link on here and on various other websites. Also on my posters and CIS link.

Incidently I've just googled 'childminder-Wittering' and the first 3 searches are my Little Sparkles - I was well impressed!

Pauline
06-07-2008, 02:07 PM
I have just given up and passed the buck to Pauline! She is going to sort out my site for me x

Yeah, when I get the info...you did post it didn't you?......not too busy with the magners? :laughing:

Donkey
07-07-2008, 12:29 PM
you can list yourself free with google as well.
then if someone types childminder and the area it brings a map up with childminders and your name and detials

I have this with my website link on