PDA

View Full Version : Feeling like good minder this week

Tatia
24-06-2008, 03:13 PM
This job is full of highs and lows. Some days I feel like the worst childminder on the planet, stressed, unprepared, accidents happen, kids cry, pout, misbehave, parents seem distant or funny with me. You know the feeling?

And then there are days like today when I made a huge mess of the kitchen by letting a 1 year old and a 2y11m old loose with flour, butter and sugar. And it was fantastic! The 1 year old squidged all his up into lumps and the 2y11m old used my handy dandy ELC balancing scales to measure flour, sugar and butter and then we mixed them up into cookie dough. Both boys made their own cookies and we baked them (along with an 's' and an 'a' - reviewing the 's' and learning 'a'). They came out thick, lumpy, oddly shaped but they were so proud of themselves! And for once, even the parents seemed impressed. "What, he was able to do it for himself? Wow!", that sort of comment. And to cap off the day, when Mum picked up 2y11m old, he pointed at 's' and said "sssss" and at the 'a' and said "ah" w/out me even prompting him!:thumbsup: She's bene having trouble understanding phonics and expects a more traditionl ABC route to learning alphabet. I am trying to explain that it's more effective to learn sounds and we finally seem to be getting somewhere.:clapping:

Guess I'll enjoy the goodness while it lasts!:laughing:

Monkey1
24-06-2008, 03:21 PM
Well done babe, something to be proud of!:clapping:

katickles
24-06-2008, 03:38 PM
Well done - sounds like a great day at your house today

:)

ruby
24-06-2008, 04:31 PM
well done sounds like you had a fabulous day

as you said make the most of it

hope you have many more

cathy

Blaze
24-06-2008, 04:31 PM
Sounds like you had a great day!:thumbsup:

jmoff
24-06-2008, 04:34 PM
sounds great fun!
I am sure you had even better fun tidying it up!