PDA

View Full Version : Will husbands CRB affect my chances of becoming registered?

chezzagriff
14-01-2013, 04:39 PM
Regarding the CRB checks me and my husband got ours back today. Mine is clear but he has 3 things from when he was a teenager over 10 years ago. I rang OFSTED today and they said they hadnt looked at it yet as it was only today but I cant settle as I dont want them to say no. It was silly teenage mistakes but worse he didnt declare them as they have never come up before and no actual charges were made so he assumed they were not part of his record as he was a juvinile. It was a genuine mistake but now looks like hes tried to lie. Does anyone know if this will affect the decision and how it will take for them to let me know as I can see me loosing sleep overthinking about it.
Thanks everyone

tori4
14-01-2013, 04:51 PM
Regarding the CRB checks me and my husband got ours back today. Mine is clear but he has 3 things from when he was a teenager over 10 years ago. I rang OFSTED today and they said they hadnt looked at it yet as it was only today but I cant settle as I dont want them to say no. It was silly teenage mistakes but worse he didnt declare them as they have never come up before and no actual charges were made so he assumed they were not part of his record as he was a juvinile. It was a genuine mistake but now looks like hes tried to lie. Does anyone know if this will affect the decision and how it will take for them to let me know as I can see me loosing sleep overthinking about it.
Thanks everyone

Simlar situation my hubby had same thing a few 'silly' things in his youth well b4 he met wonderful sensible me ;-) his were actually charges /:-( visiting ofsted inspector had to interview him about them to determine 'severity' and as they were def not anything to do with child or anyones safety/health it was ok. He just had to explain / confirm they were 'errors' of judgment in his youth which he def no does not condone.

A gd lesson to learn our actions can always effect us/our families .

Hope that puts ur mind at rest - I guess there is no guaranties but in our case all was ok although slightly embracing

XT

blue bear
14-01-2013, 04:54 PM
It depends what it was for but most things don't affect your registration, ofsted will come put and chat to dh, try not too worry too much it won't change anything and most likely you will be fine.

chezzagriff
14-01-2013, 04:57 PM
His are warnings but I was worried as one of them for fighting at school so is listed as ABH which can be serious but I suppose if he explains he was 15 and it was a silly playground fight and the fact theres been nothing for his adult life which is over 10 years hopefully should be ok. Thanks for the reply it has helped me relax a bit. I didnt know OFSTED give you the chance to explain yourself but Im glad as what the offences are to what actully happened look like two different things. The offence list makes it sound alot more serious. Thanks again