PDA

View Full Version : FCCERS Training, A+ Education

welshgirl
14-01-2013, 02:28 PM
I have been offered the opportunity to do FCCERS Training by my council, it is being delivered by A+ Education and is 3 full days over 3 months. I was wondering if anyone has had experience of this training and if they found it worth while attending and beneficial to their Childminding practice.

sarah707
14-01-2013, 06:22 PM
It is like another inspection - but to a set of rules which I do not think are really written with childminders in mind...

I have read through the book and don't feel the grades are appropriate for my provision... but don't let me put you off.

I suggest you get a copy from Amazon and read through them first. See if you think they are goals you can aim towards - and reflect on how they will help you to raise outcomes for the children.

Hth :D

blue bear
14-01-2013, 07:36 PM
We get assessed against fcccers, never been offered training though, I think it would be a good idea to attend the training as long as you can then decide if you want to have the assessment or not. As Sarah said the assessment is like a very strict inspection and you are judged against some odd in my opinion judgement, like of you have another room you can talk to parents in private during a session and having a private desk for paper work.
It's definetly a tool to get you thinking and evaluate the resources you have.

Helen Dempster
14-01-2013, 09:19 PM
They were offering this training free in the area of Kent where I live, so I put my name down for it, but unfortunately I wasn't successful to be chosen to do the course - I was a bit gutted as it looked quite interesting.