PDA

View Full Version : SHOULD I CALL OFSTED?

silvermist
14-01-2013, 10:22 AM
I was registered last March and still havent had my first graded inspection! I got a letter last september when I was on holiday saying theyd try to contact me so I rang them and was told I would be inspected in November but no ones been intouch. Should I call Ofsted incase theyve forgotten me? x

TNT
14-01-2013, 10:34 AM
The same happened to me, it took a year for my first inspection. I registered in Dec 2010. They contacted me in the July to say it would be any time and they would contact me again when an inspector was available, I didnt hear anything else until December when they sent me a letter saying I was going to be deregistered as they could not contact me:angry:

I would ring them,at least it gets it over and done with.

silvermist
14-01-2013, 10:42 AM
Its just the waiting thats doing my head in now! Ill ring them today xx

JCrakers
14-01-2013, 10:52 AM
I started working at the beginning of Sept 2007. They were nearly to the day a whole year before they came out at he very end of Aug 2008.

silvermist
14-01-2013, 11:09 AM
:eek::eek: Bit naughty really when they tell you 7 months! x

jackie 7
14-01-2013, 01:59 PM
Yes and when the boss of ofsfed said that a problem with childminder is that they are inspected every time they get a new child!!! It is bad when they don't have enough inspectors to do first inspections. When I lived in Brent they were working very hard to see all new childminders. I am due in February but herd they are about a year behind.

blue bear
14-01-2013, 02:09 PM
Ring them silver mist, my friend got de registered by mistake they never told her it was only when she didn't get her annual fee she rang up, they said it was done accidentally, she was four years from her last inspection, was two yearly back then.

silvermist
14-01-2013, 02:11 PM
Ring them silver mist, my friend got de registered by mistake they never told her it was only when she didn't get her annual fee she rang up, they said it was done accidentally, she was four years from her last inspection, was two yearly back then.

Oh my goodness! I will ring them later this afternoon. Thanks for advice xxx

mrstom
14-01-2013, 02:27 PM
I'm still waiting for my first graded inspection. I was registered in March 2012.

Ofsted called me in August to arrange to come but I wasn't due to start minding proper until September so they said they'd defer until I was working.

I'm half tempted to call them just to get it over and done with but the other half of me wants to keep my head down below the parapet for a little bit longer...

silvermist
14-01-2013, 02:52 PM
I'm still waiting for my first graded inspection. I was registered in March 2012.

Ofsted called me in August to arrange to come but I wasn't due to start minding proper until September so they said they'd defer until I was working.

I'm half tempted to call them just to get it over and done with but the other half of me wants to keep my head down below the parapet for a little bit longer...

I remember that we joined the forum and registered at the same time! Cant believe youve still not had yours either, theyre obviously behind hey! I know what you mean though about keeping quiet but to be honest I think Im ready for them! She says! :panic:

mrstom
14-01-2013, 04:08 PM
If you're ready then I say go for it and take control!

I'm pretty much there (I think) just need to do a few bits and finish my SEF. Might call them next week - give me the weekend to get my jobs done...

Let me know what you decide and what happens x

silvermist
14-01-2013, 05:49 PM
If you're ready then I say go for it and take control!

I'm pretty much there (I think) just need to do a few bits and finish my SEF. Might call them next week - give me the weekend to get my jobs done...

Let me know what you decide and what happens x

Will do xxx

FussyElmo
15-01-2013, 01:15 PM
Did you ring ?

Kiddleywinks
15-01-2013, 09:56 PM
I'd like to know if you called too.... So I know what to expect :laughing:

I've also been registered a year, didn't have any mindees when I had the call, but did phone them when I actually started minding, and got my SEF code at the same time, which arrived shortly after.
Received my renewal, and have paid up, but am still waiting on THAT call...

I think I SHOULD call them, but, if I'm honest, I'm not convinced I'm READY for that pressure especially as I'm still getting to grips with everything (lack of self confidence in paperwork is massive for me at the moment)

Loushah
16-01-2013, 07:36 PM
I have just been registered a year and had two graded inspections...one in July, then got randomly selected to have another one under the new EYFS just after I had moved house.....how unlucky was that

miffy
16-01-2013, 11:07 PM
I have just been registered a year and had two graded inspections...one in July, then got randomly selected to have another one under the new EYFS just after I had moved house.....how unlucky was that

Very unlucky! You poor thing - hope your next inspection is very delayed!

Silver mist - never disturb a sleeping dragon! :panic:

Miffy xx

mrstom
17-01-2013, 02:35 PM
I remember that we joined the forum and registered at the same time! Cant believe youve still not had yours either, theyre obviously behind hey! I know what you mean though about keeping quiet but to be honest I think Im ready for them! She says! :panic:

Just had a phone call from a number which I only glanced at as I picked up but it had 0300 on there. Nearly had a heart attack thinking it was 'the' call - turned out to be telemarketing call.

PHEW!!

I'm such a wuss :D

twheeler29
17-01-2013, 02:49 PM
I registered in April 2011 and had my first inspection in the October. I was really quick being inspected then, going my what im reading here.

mrstom
17-01-2013, 02:53 PM
I registered in April 2011 and had my first inspection in the October. I was really quick being inspected then, going my what im reading here.

I certainly think the new EYFS coming in has definitely muddled up inspections and timescales. If I'd been working in August when I originally had 'the call' then they would have come out to me (which would have made it 5 months since registration)

Nora
17-01-2013, 02:59 PM
Hi,

My name is Nora, I live in Great Easton, Market Harborough. I would like to become a registered childminder to look after children before and after school only, as I have a two year old. I will be providing breakfast and tea as well.

What do I need to do to make this happen, I am doing a Pedatric first aid course next week, I already have my food hygene cert, policies and procedures etc are my forte as this what I used to do as Admin supervisor, along risk assesments.

Any help and advice would be great.

Thanks

Nora:laughing:

silvermist
17-01-2013, 07:11 PM
Sorry for delay! I rang and they simply said we will log your telephone call and let inspectors know you're ready! That was it! I asked if they could tell me when it might be but they couldnt. :huh:

cathtee
17-01-2013, 07:23 PM
seems like they don't quite now what their doing at the moment, I recieved my annual fee invoice today, new it was due but they
invoiced me twice :huh:

Kiddleywinks
17-01-2013, 08:05 PM
Thanks silvermist for the update, think I'll let sleeping dogs lie, besides, Ofsted did call my number today, but was asking for someone totally different.... :rolleyes:

silvermist
17-01-2013, 09:07 PM
It is frustrating to be constantly waiting for the phone to ring but I shall just have to wait I guess! x