PDA

View Full Version : Pushchair recommendations

LauraS
13-01-2013, 04:55 PM
This might be a long shot, but I wonder if anyone has any ideas?? I'm looking for a double pushchair, with either all or most wheels air filled. It needs to fit through a standard doorway. It needs to lie flat, be light and easily steerable. It also needs to be (and this is where I struggle) rear facing so that both children can face me. My single rear faces and on days when I have to use the double I miss talking to my son as we use the buggy a lot

Budget doesn't run to bugaboo prices.

Desperate to find the right pram because I'm doing between five and ten miles up and down hills pushing a maclaren at the moment.

Best I cam find is the firstwheels twin but reviews not good

The Juggler
13-01-2013, 04:57 PM
why not find the one you want and have a search on gumtree or ebay for a bargain. although the airfilled are lovely to push they often won't fold flat or fit in a standard doorway and they can be just as heavy if not heavier pushing uphill.

buttonmoon11
13-01-2013, 06:53 PM
What about a phil & teds off eBay? They are fantastic, lightweight, easy to move and can be used as a single and double

LauraS
13-01-2013, 07:04 PM
The plan is to use eBay if possible ;). I like the Phil and teds, I have a similar single and its effortless (which is why I'm ditching the McLaren, as I have come to dread 'maclaren days') but really want to keep my lo facing me :s

Ambersmum
13-01-2013, 08:26 PM
Hi sorry...but can I ask why you walk five to ten miles when ur childminding?!?

linzi133
13-01-2013, 09:04 PM
I had a first wheels twin and I loved it. The only reason I got rid was it wasn't good for going in the car.... It was big fir putting in the car. If you are a walker then you wouldn't have that issue. You do have to take the seats off for folding but if you gave somewhere to store it, then that would be an issue.

LauraS
13-01-2013, 09:31 PM
Hi sorry...but can I ask why you walk five to ten miles when ur childminding?!?

I walk.three school runs a.day.which cover five miles in total. Then there's walking to library, parks, farm etc.

10miles is probably a rarity but 5miles happens every day :-)

LauraS
13-01-2013, 09:35 PM
I had a first wheels twin and I loved it. The only reason I got rid was it wasn't good for going in the car.... It was big fir putting in the car. If you are a walker then you wouldn't have that issue. You do have to take the seats off for folding but if you gave somewhere to store it, then that would be an issue.

Thank you, that's good to know. I don't drive for work at all, so folded size isn't a problem.

linzi133
13-01-2013, 09:59 PM
I loved that the seat were individual and that you could have them either facing you or away from you or one of each. It was very easy to steer and manoeuvre.

Loushah
13-01-2013, 10:00 PM
I absolutely love my obaby zoom twin pushchair...one on eBay here

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=330857305888

Both children can face you, away from you or face each other...can attach toddler seat or carry cot or car seat (maxi cosi car seat too with an adapter)...it's also light weight and easy to get in / out of car.

Hth

linzi133
13-01-2013, 10:02 PM
I've seen the zoom and it looks fab!

LauraS
13-01-2013, 10:20 PM
The zoom does look good, I wonder if it would be heavy with an older child up front?

Loushah
13-01-2013, 10:28 PM
They recommend to have the heavier child nearest to you so that it is easier to get up curbs. I have never had a problem pushing mine, regardless of the children's age/weight.

I also have single, triple and quad pushchairs and the obaby zoom is by far my favourite.

Loushah
13-01-2013, 10:33 PM
The only negative I have is that it is long, however, it does easily fit through standard doors. I regularly go shopping with it and don't have too many problems

Smileyface
13-01-2013, 11:23 PM
City jogger select is great :)

greanan
14-01-2013, 11:31 AM
I love my city jogger! Seats lie flat and have loads space even for older ones. There's loads of room in the basket and is easy to push one handed

Ambersmum
14-01-2013, 01:05 PM
I walk.three school runs a.day.which cover five miles in total. Then there's walking to library, parks, farm etc.

10miles is probably a rarity but 5miles happens every day :-)

Good effort! I don't drive either but everywhere I go is really close by thankfully. I cannot praise the Nipper 360 OutNabout enough it's so light and great in snow! Not that we have any yet grrrr!!

LauraS
14-01-2013, 01:44 PM
I think a nipper is my ideal, apart from the fact it only faces forwards :(

watgem
14-01-2013, 02:46 PM
i've just bought a phil and teds and I wished I'd bought one before its fab, the right height and pushing is a dream even with 2 biggies on board, its the only double buggy that doesn't give me backache, I've tried maclaren twin, graco tandem, Jane tandem and nipper double but I would definitley recommend the P and t:)

helena_j
14-01-2013, 03:59 PM
i've just bought a phil and teds and I wished I'd bought one before its fab, the right height and pushing is a dream even with 2 biggies on board, its the only double buggy that doesn't give me backache, I've tried maclaren twin, graco tandem, Jane tandem and nipper double but I would definitley recommend the P and t:)

Also a fan of the phil and teds easy to push one handed if needed and love I can use it as a single also.
I know it's not facing you but is a dream to use if you did want facing away.

Trpta108
14-01-2013, 04:27 PM
Have you looked at Emmaljunga though usually quite wide.

nipper
22-01-2013, 12:17 PM
Mountain buggy duet here! Fantastic all round, can get through a single door (apart from in my local post office when I have to move the birthday card stand to one side and the national lottery 'thingy' to the other...the lady behind the counter despairs when I go in!).
Has proved invincible in the snow this week and is a doddle to push one handed whilst holding the hand of a toddler. Only reason I sold my Phil and teds was that I preferred the stability of two wheels at the front, rather than one. Bought from new last year, which was a big expenditure but well, well worth it.

Doesn't face back though! Sorry!