PDA

View Full Version : Progress check at 2

Smileyface
13-01-2013, 10:25 AM
Hello everybody just after some advice. I mind two children that are 3 in march 2013.
Does this mean I don't have to do progress check at 2? I've only had them a few months?
Thank you

dette
13-01-2013, 10:50 AM
you will have to do them but your baseline check after they have been with you a few weeks will be pretty much the same as your 2 year check so as long as its on the paperwork that your local council expect then it will be no problem for you

mazza58
13-01-2013, 11:24 AM
I am just sitting and trying to write a progress 2 year check but struggling to find the right words to do it, can anyone share their ideas in how they did theirs please
mazza 58

QualityCare
13-01-2013, 11:38 AM
Have you looked at The EYFS progress at age two A know How Guide it can be down loaded from their web site

samsstars
13-01-2013, 11:52 AM
Kcostello
I'd of thought you wouldn't need to do them?

I have a Mindee who is 3 in feb. he had his hv check last feb when he was two. I have him one day a week, TTO, and I haven't done a 2 year check on him. Maybe that's wrong?!

Sam

blue bear
13-01-2013, 12:23 PM
We were told you HAVE to do a two year check on every child you care for between two and three unless they attend another setting more than yours, then they should write the check with you contributing and you getting a copy.
If you do regular summative assessments any way you could just change the title to two year check as its the same thing.

It doesnt have to be complicated just a simple evaluation of where the child is with some next steps highlited.

LauraS
13-01-2013, 02:09 PM
I drafted a proforma to use.for them, its three pages. Contains the seven areas, things they can do.in each with.tick box to denote which age group they're roughly.in, but with the prime areas being much much larger.

Then next steps, what parents could try, characteristics of learning, a section for general comments (maybe health issues etc).

Really its just a rejig of the termly summary.

Id estimate it takes an hour at the most to fill.in. That has.to be worth doing as a 'just in case' Mrs o wants to see it done?

I had a child start at 2y 10m (had already had health visitor check) and Mrs o expected me to have done one. (luckily I had)

Rick
13-01-2013, 02:24 PM
I was under the impression that you don't have to do a year 2 check for a child nearing 3. Anyone else think that? Summative assessments yes, but not an official year 2 check. Surely if you compare your version with the Hv check, it will be very different as the child is nearly a year older.

Probably setting myself up to be shot down but here goes! :D

Rick
13-01-2013, 03:56 PM
Actually, looking at the summative assessment I have done recently, it looks remarkably like the 2 year check example in the know-how document anyway which has been shared with other settings. As LauraS says, get one ready for Ofsted, even if it isn't necessarily required; the child is nearly 3 and only attends 1 day a week.

Smileyface
13-01-2013, 11:09 PM
Thank you girls, has anyone got a template they could send me :)

Rick
14-01-2013, 08:45 AM
Thank you girls, has anyone got a template they could send me :)

Not a girl last time I checked lol :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Daisy De
14-01-2013, 09:05 AM
I have two who are 3 this month but when attending a Two Year Check Course I asked the question as seems a little irrelevant but was told they had to be done and sent off to HV !

I did a Transistion Development Document for Pre-School so I basically copied that on the forms given at the course and sent them off. Waste of time being they are almost 3 I think but, in ** opinion, do them anyway then you are covered.

Daisy De
14-01-2013, 09:06 AM
Why did it star out the word m y ??

Rick
14-01-2013, 02:56 PM
Why did it star out the word m y ??

I don't know, it's done that to my other posts. It's not like you can't guess what the word is! :laughing: