PDA

View Full Version : Thank you for presenrs

jadavi
13-01-2013, 07:11 AM
My parents are all lovely and appreciative of what I do but I was really surprised when none of them thanked me or even acknowledged my present to their child. I had to say - 'did he like his present?' and even then I sometimes just got a yes.
Do you think they feel embarrassed? Had they all forgotten? Is it inappropriate ?
I had put a lot of thought into each one - two of them were wow cars ! (not new) maybe they were affronted that they were all off eBay?
Most of them gave me smellies, booze or chocs so it was a two way thing. I wouldn't dream of not mentioning it or saying thank you. I texted them all after Xmas day and said it in person.
Has anyone else had this? Feel rotten writing a thread about it but it upsets and confuses me.

FussyElmo
13-01-2013, 07:28 AM
My parents are all lovely and appreciative of what I do but I was really surprised when none of them thanked me or even acknowledged my present to their child. I had to say - 'did he like his present?' and even then I sometimes just got a yes.
Do you think they feel embarrassed? Had they all forgotten? Is it inappropriate ?
I had put a lot of thought into each one - two of them were wow cars ! (not new) maybe they were affronted that they were all off eBay?
Most of them gave me smellies, booze or chocs so it was a two way thing. I wouldn't dream of not mentioning it or saying thank you. I texted them all after Xmas day and said it in person.
Has anyone else had this? Feel rotten writing a thread about it but it upsets and confuses me.

When you texted them did they text back - if yes perhaps they considered that they had thanked you and didnt need to do it again :thumbsup:

blue bear
13-01-2013, 07:30 AM
I think sometimes the children get so much and everyone is busy, Christmas seemed such a long time away they just forget they never said thank you. Also some people just don't say thank you for presents after they have opened them at home, they say thank you when you hand it over and that is it.

merry
13-01-2013, 08:03 AM
The parents and children here said thank you as I handed over presents wrapped, as I did when they gave me theirs. None of us have felt the need to say thank you again, I'm sure it's nothing personal.

:)

jadavi
13-01-2013, 08:55 AM
Good point just looked- one did.
Two didn't give me cards or presents and didn't acknowledge.
I think I'll give modest books next year.

jadavi
13-01-2013, 09:27 AM
Yes I guess. I invested too much in it so expected more.
Maybe I'm just a big thanker!

Daisy De
13-01-2013, 09:32 AM
I know what you mean though, I put a lot of thought into presents for Christmas and Birthdays and I often wonder why I bother. This year was no different although the person who I thought wouldn't say or give anything was thrilled with the present I got for her lo and she gave me a lovely mug painted by her lo with my name on it. I shall treasure it :)

bunyip
13-01-2013, 09:38 AM
I think people get so many presents these days that they almost don't notice. It just becomes part of the merry-go-round that is the annual celebration of the birth of JC*

(* Joyless Consumerism) :(

bunyip
13-01-2013, 09:39 AM
Yes I guess. I invested too much in it so expected more.
Maybe I'm just a big thanker!

I think you just summed up Christmas in a sentence. ;)