PDA

View Full Version : Not sure what to do here

funemnx
12-01-2013, 11:42 AM
I'm just updating the LJ's and have got to the individual planning and have a question....

When you plan for a 30m child for the next term, do you cover all 7 areas with a statement in each area or would you just cover the 3 areas as the child is under 3 years?

LauraS
12-01-2013, 12:42 PM
I'm just updating the LJ's and have got to the individual planning and have a question....

When you plan for a 30m child for the next term, do you cover all 7 areas with a statement in each area or would you just cover the 3 areas as the child is under 3 years?

Hmmm I don't do my individual planning like that, I do it weekly as we go along.

I would include all areas for a 30m old because they don't suddenly hit 36m and start 'performing' in maths, uw etc so it makes more sense that planning for specifics should creep in around the 3 year mark rather than just appear overnight. For an average 30m old it could be very basic.planning for the specific areas with a big emphasis on the main three - for a forward 30m old who is really secure.with.the prime areas, the planning for specific areas might feature more. I don't know if that is correct mind you ;)

funemnx
12-01-2013, 12:50 PM
Thanks - it's very loose planning - just a short statement e.g. PD - will continue to support and encourage J in dressing and undressing himself when toileting and then how I would do it (support and encourage) what resources I need (none really but could use doll with zips, buttons and so on). I just did that for all 7 areas. The weekly stuff I do with them individually is not written down but more following their lead, but with the termly planning always in mind.....

All this paperwork is so confusing, I can only hope I'm doing enough as Mrs O is a year overdue and I'm kind of expecting a call this month! :panic:

LauraS
12-01-2013, 12:54 PM
It's scary with the change in eyfs.isn't it. I was ok with planning, surprisingly it was the only area where Mrs o seemed pleased and didn't query anything. Just the rest to work on then... :D

karensmart4
12-01-2013, 02:18 PM
I do a simple weekly individual plan.......Wk 1- J needs encouragement in independent dressing so will praise and add dressing the teddies/dolls into group planning.

Wk 2- Getting there with independent dressing, continue to praise and encourage. Will add a fun game about teddy getting dressed to go on an outing into our group planning.

Wk3- etc

Wk4-etc.

Maybe complete with giving a certificate.

And when I do the group planning I put initials next to the parts of the plan that is specific to the child, this is where the 7 areas of learning come into it, you will find that just dressing a teddy can cover a lot and if you don't cover all 7 area's each time I wouldn't worry as long as you can see progression :)

It works for me, and don't forget to involve what the parents say into the weekly plan :)

Karen :)