PDA

View Full Version : do you all handwrite your obs, planning etc or is it done on pc?

CAZMCA
12-01-2013, 08:54 AM
wondering if i should do mine on the pc but not sure :-/

Daisy De
12-01-2013, 08:59 AM
I guess you do whats best for you.

I write them by hand but I do my 6 monthly development reports on my pc, just suits me that way.

Rick
12-01-2013, 09:34 AM
Have you come across the Orbit Early Years website? You can get an app for it as well. I do my observations, assessments and next steps using Orbit. You can link to the parent so every time you save an assessment or add a photo to the child's album, the parent gets an email saying a new one is ready to view. Parents love this as they can see what their little ones are doing during the day.

Web address is www.orbit.so

I have found it saves so much time, especially if you have an iPad/iPhone as you simply take a photo, write your assessment and select from a drop down menu the Development Matters statement that goes with the assessment.

Give it a go! :D

Planning wise, I do it on the computer. In fact you might like to look at the thread below. Lots of people seemed to like what I had done!

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/paperwork-policies-procedures-permissions-forms-contracts-booklets/112458-should-i-write-planning-down.html

CAZMCA
12-01-2013, 09:52 AM
Have you come across the Orbit Early Years website? You can get an app for it as well. I do my observations, assessments and next steps using Orbit. You can link to the parent so every time you save an assessment or add a photo to the child's album, the parent gets an email saying a new one is ready to view. Parents love this as they can see what their little ones are doing during the day.

Web address is www.orbit.so

I have found it saves so much time, especially if you have an iPad/iPhone as you simply take a photo, write your assessment and select from a drop down menu the Development Matters statement that goes with the assessment.

Give it a go! :D

Planning wise, I do it on the computer. In fact you might like to look at the thread below. Lots of people seemed to like what I had done!

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/paperwork-policies-procedures-permissions-forms-contracts-booklets/112458-should-i-write-planning-down.html

thanks will have a look, is orbit a free resource as i cant see otherwise? x

CAZMCA
12-01-2013, 10:01 AM
just looked at the planning sheet and its pretty much what i already do :clapping: thanks for confirming im on the right track! x

sarah707
12-01-2013, 05:40 PM
I use a bit of both - I tend to type when I want something like a report I am sharing with parents to look neat :D

LauraS
12-01-2013, 05:48 PM
Bit of both. Obs tend to be hand written, I keep the little observation proformas I made in my diary and jot them down as they happen. Ditto planning, the medium term and short term planning tends to be added to as I go along and as ideas come to me so is handwritten.

Things which are more considered, like summative assessments, starting points, 2y check, etc - those are typed.

funemnx
12-01-2013, 07:39 PM
I use both too - I write obs by hand and type planning on the computer (easier to edit than make up new every time) :thumbsup:

Rick
12-01-2013, 08:07 PM
thanks will have a look, is orbit a free resource as i cant see otherwise? x

Yes it is free. I think there are some ads but so be it! :D

CAZMCA
12-01-2013, 08:24 PM
Brill thank you x