PDA

View Full Version : How many more can i have?

emarshall82
12-01-2013, 01:16 AM
I currently look after 7 month old 9 till 4 monday to thurs and her brother 9 till 12.30. Mon to thurs. I also have my own 6 month old and 4 yr old (4 yr old attends nursery 8 till 1 on wed. Thurs and fri) How many more can i have and when?

FussyElmo
12-01-2013, 06:37 AM
Well you have 3 or 4 most of the time mon-thurday

So the only day you have a vacancy is friday.

christine e
12-01-2013, 09:40 AM
Agree with FussyElmo you have 4 Mon to Thurs (did you get a variation for this prior to Sept 2012) and you have your own two children on a Friday so that leaves you with a vacancy for one child on a Friday

emarshall82
12-01-2013, 03:58 PM
Does my daughter who goes to nursery and if needed would be collected by family member still classed as on the rota? I ws told by early years i could have all 4 of them x

blue bear
12-01-2013, 04:38 PM
Your daughter who is four will still count In your numbers until she enters full time school in reception.
I would e mail ofsted and ask for clarification of the rising five full and then would email on that answer to the person in early years who has advices you.
E mail don't ring so you have the answer in writing.

Why did you need to have four children under five, was it because and existing mu had another child or. Took on extra hours which took you to four. It is possible to increase your numbers to four in exceptional circumstances, this does not include taking on a new child whilst your own child is at nursery.

Do you remember why your early years advices you and what exactly they said.

karensmart4
12-01-2013, 05:09 PM
You have 4 children Mon - Thurs and 2 of these are under a year old!

Personally I wouldn't be able to look after any more than that and give them the full attention they need as well as deal with paperwork etc.etc.

As others have said, phone Ofsted and clarify as soon as you can .... if you have been misled by your EY adviser it's better to find out now rather than at your inspection.

emarshall82
12-01-2013, 06:08 PM
I rang ofsted and they were fine with it and the early years team all had a meeting about it before they said it was fine. Ive just got to risk assess. Also my one to one coordinator said the same.

Porridge
12-01-2013, 06:15 PM
When i had my 3rd baby i had a surprise visit as Mrs o thought i might be over-minding (long story, luckily i wasn't!!). That particular Mrs o told me that with my new baby i was also fine to have another under 1 (ie new business, i was not minding at the time as on maternity leave) so in effect giving me the variation for my own new baby (allowing me 4 in eyfs including 2 under 1s) . I had risk assessments in place and had previously had variations for siblings taking me to 4 eyfs. Not saying everyone can do this, but that's my experience with that particular Mrs o. Xx

FussyElmo
12-01-2013, 06:50 PM
I rang ofsted and they were fine with it and the early years team all had a meeting about it before they said it was fine. Ive just got to risk assess. Also my one to one coordinator said the same.

Unfortunetly it wont be any of their responsability if ofsted deem you are overminding :(

If you can prove your dd WILL always be looked after by a family ie if they fall sick you will be not be called upon to look after her then yes you are ok with these numbers.

In answer to your op you still only have a vacancy on a friday you wilnot be able to replace your 4yo as you have 3 on those days.

FussyElmo
12-01-2013, 06:58 PM
How long have you had the two mindees? because on mon and tues you are oner numbers your certicate should have told you could only have 1 in the eyfs.

LauraS
12-01-2013, 07:37 PM
I agree with the others, you could appear to be overminding - I don't think filling your nursery child's space is looked upon well by ofsted at all, even if they are at nursery. What do you do in the holidays when your child's nursery closes, or when they shut for training or emergencies? What about your child.being sent home ill, or the other children being collected late, or the nursery being unexpectedly closed?

Two babies at once could also be a problem, it should only happen in exceptional circumstances?

Also, unless you have something in writing which gives you permission to mind as you have (and which explicitly states.your exact circumstances) it doesn't matter what Ofsted said.on the.phone - the call centre is sometimes wrong and often don't document the calls well. Also, your early years advisor is just that - an advisor . Ultimately the responsibility at inspection will be yours alone.

emarshall82
12-01-2013, 09:16 PM
My situation is exactly the same as Porridge situation xxx

emarshall82
12-01-2013, 09:22 PM
Also my daughters nursery is open all year round as its a private day nursery. If she is ill she would go to my moms as i cannot afford to close my services x

Minstrel
12-01-2013, 09:23 PM
My goodness why would you want to look after any more?? How could you manage to get out and about with 5 under 5?

Minstrel
12-01-2013, 09:25 PM
Why does your DD go to a private nursery all year round when you are home childminding? Presumably you are at least part paying for her so could save some money (i'm guessing your asking the OP because you want to increase your income?)

FussyElmo
12-01-2013, 09:33 PM
Why does your DD go to a private nursery all year round when you are home childminding? Presumably you are at least part paying for her so could save some money (i'm guessing your asking the OP because you want to increase your income?)

Im reading it as the ops dd is having her funding hours as she is doing 8-1 wed till fri.

Op your vacancies are all day friday and after 1230 mon - fri once your mindee finishes

emarshall82
12-01-2013, 09:35 PM
Yes she is free funded x

emarshall82
12-01-2013, 09:36 PM
Im being thick. What is op?

bunyip
12-01-2013, 09:49 PM
OP = "original post" or "original poster" (the person who started the thread.)

No, you're not being thick. The only stupid question is the one you're too embarrassed to ask: it usually winds up being the one that gets a body into trouble.
:thumbsup:

emarshall82
12-01-2013, 09:58 PM
Thankyou x so im allowed to take on another friday afternoon and also after 12.30 and also have my dd after 1pm. So id have 4 in the afternoon?

emarshall82
12-01-2013, 09:59 PM
Meant all day friday x

FussyElmo
12-01-2013, 10:00 PM
Thankyou x so im allowed to take on another friday afternoon and also after 12.30 and also have my dd after 1pm. So id have 4 in the afternoon?

No sorry I have confused us all its the discussion about your dd.

If your dd is with you then you dont have any vacancies apart from friday when your mindees are not with you :thumbsup:

emarshall82
12-01-2013, 10:07 PM
So even if 1 mindee goes home at 12.30 i cannot have anyone in the afternoon????

FussyElmo
12-01-2013, 10:10 PM
So even if 1 mindee goes home at 12.30 i cannot have anyone in the afternoon????

Thats right because of your own 2 children and the mindee who is there till 4pm.

emarshall82
12-01-2013, 10:23 PM
Thankyou so much. So i can advertise for space on friday and before/ after school? X

FussyElmo
13-01-2013, 07:32 AM
Thankyou so much. So i can advertise for space on friday and before/ after school? X

Thats right :thumbsup:

emarshall82
13-01-2013, 07:55 AM
Thankyou FussyElmo x you have been so helful xxxx

FussyElmo
13-01-2013, 08:08 AM
Thankyou FussyElmo x you have been so helful xxxx

If I was you I would try to keep friday as your day off :thumbsup:

emarshall82
13-01-2013, 03:52 PM
Having a day off sounds good but i cannot financially do it x

Minstrel
13-01-2013, 08:21 PM
Yes she is free funded x

Oh yes i realise that but you said she goes all year round. Since funding only covers 38 weeks you must be paying for the other 14 weeks, maybe a saving to be had there?

emarshall82
13-01-2013, 10:49 PM
I asked about me keeping her off during holidays but im not allowed as id still have to pay x when it gets to summer hols she will leave anyway as she starts school in sept xxx