PDA

View Full Version : DO YOU PAY IT OR ASK THE PARENTS?

silvermist
11-01-2013, 07:28 PM
Hiya, I'd to start going to a local toddler group. I think the los would enjoy it and it would get me out of the house too. I was wondering what you all do about the fee, its £1.50 per child so it would cost me £4.50 a session if I took my three los. Do You ask parents to pay or do you pay it yourself?

FussyElmo
11-01-2013, 07:31 PM
I cover the cost of toddler groups :thumbsup:

AgentTink
11-01-2013, 07:33 PM
I include all fees for trips out in my rates for ey children. I love some of these groups/soft play centres and would hate to not be able to go if one of the parents didnt want to pay, and secondly if I charged them I would feel obliged to go every week/fortnight as I would be adding the cost to the invoice. As we all know our plans can change so quickly I like to have the decision as to when and if we go.

cathtee
11-01-2013, 07:33 PM
I don't charge for toddler groups just put down as expenses

silvermist
11-01-2013, 07:34 PM
I cover the cost of toddler groups :thumbsup:

Mmm thats what I thought! Thanks for reply xxx

stargazer1
11-01-2013, 07:37 PM
We go on quite a few outings over a month. We normally go to toddler group once a week, soft play once a month where we also have lunch and often for lunch and other little treats while we are out. As I have my mindees on different days, I do two trips to soft play etc and it was adding up. So I now ( with the complete agreement of the parents) add £1 per week onto their invoices as a contribution to outings. This £4 a month each then helps out towards the cost of things we do. Over each mindee, it's a big help x

silvermist
11-01-2013, 07:42 PM
We go on quite a few outings over a month. We normally go to toddler group once a week, soft play once a month where we also have lunch and often for lunch and other little treats while we are out. As I have my mindees on different days, I do two trips to soft play etc and it was adding up. So I now ( with the complete agreement of the parents) add £1 per week onto their invoices as a contribution to outings. This £4 a month each then helps out towards the cost of things we do. Over each mindee, it's a big help x

Thats a good idea! I shall have to have a think. Thanks everyone xxx

lynncjt
11-01-2013, 07:46 PM
I include all fees for trips out in my rates for ey children. I love some of these groups/soft play centres and would hate to not be able to go if one of the parents didnt want to pay, and secondly if I charged them I would feel obliged to go every week/fortnight as I would be adding the cost to the invoice. As we all know our plans can change so quickly I like to have the decision as to when and if we go.

I don't charge the parents either and this has been my thinking - my plans can change very quickly! At this time of the year if we get a sunny day it's outside we go!

bunyip
11-01-2013, 07:53 PM
I cover the cost BUT my fees reflect the fact that I'm generally all-inclusive about toddler groups, meals, occasional trips. One mum provides her own lo's nappies and wipes (only cos she insists on a particular type). She also gives me extra money for special trips, though I've never insisted on it so I tend to feed it back into other treats for them. :)

Tinkerbell1979
11-01-2013, 09:04 PM
I've just started Hartbeeps and its £8 a week (session) I cover the costs as I take my own daughter (2) as well

scottishlass
11-01-2013, 11:36 PM
hi I pay for the toddler fees too and the groups around here vary between £1 and £2 but this rate is what you pay however many kids you take so it makes a big difference not paying per child :)

Carla Watts
12-01-2013, 08:38 AM
I pay for toddler groups, that are £2.50 per famaily. But we go too gym tots on a Tuesday. That costs £4 each!!!!! so parents pay for that.

JCrakers
12-01-2013, 11:27 AM
I pay for toddler groups. I go to 3 a week, sometimes 4 so it costs my around £6--£7 a week.

Occasionally I go to a soft play centre and I ask the parents to pay because its £3.75 for each child ( but I get a discount being a childminder ) so I pass the discount onto the parents and they pay £2.80 each. Then I usually have to buy a drink and I either sneak a drink and snack in if its busy...lol or I have to buy one:(

LauraS
12-01-2013, 12:45 PM
I pay - sometimes we go somewhere on the spur.of the moment and I know some parents aren't too well off, so I think it gives me (us) more freedom to gad about :D

Tazmin68
12-01-2013, 12:48 PM
I do not charge for during term time groups etc that I take the ey children to. But we do go out on bigger trips during school holidays for example in the summer holidays we did safari park, bird land, sealife centre, nature centre plus others. I do ask for parents to pay for entrance fee for those but not anything else towards food or other extra activities and I take advantage of as many 2 for 1 offers as possible

caz3007
12-01-2013, 12:50 PM
I pay for one and my full timer's mum asked me to take her to another group (only child at that time) so she pays for that and adds in an extra £1 for me to get a coffee. I did make it clear that we wouldnt go if it was pouring with rain as have to hang around for half hour after dropping at school and she was fine with it. So far not missed a session

LauraS
12-01-2013, 01:22 PM
I pay for one and my full timer's mum asked me to take her to another group (only child at that time) so she pays for that and adds in an extra £1 for me to get a coffee. I did make it clear that we wouldnt go if it was pouring with rain as have to hang around for half hour after dropping at school and she was fine with it. So far not missed a session

I would probably do this if asked to go to something specific