PDA

View Full Version : jenny

daisyclay1
11-01-2013, 10:12 AM
Hi, Can anyone help.
Ive been a childmnder since 2006 and recently moved to a new house, however we have probems with a neighbour thats caused us to go to a solicitor.
Its about a right of way that he is using as an extension of his garden to drink alcohol, regardless of being a childminder i do not want him in my garden as it is my garden he just has a right to pass over it hence us getting a solicitor involved.
His solicitor has now said in a deed belonging to the property i cannot run a business from the house and if i wish to pursue the right of way claim they will try and stop me being a childminder form the house?(basically blackmailing me).
has anyone ever had problems like this ? can they do this ?.
Its not like an office or garage or shop that causes neighbours problems.
surely if we dont pay business tax, business rates and the council still charge council tax because its still a private dwelling house is it still classed as a business ?.

Tazmin68
11-01-2013, 02:10 PM
I suggest that you look at the deeds to your property. I my deeds it stated that I could not run a business from home the shaded area was in fact the garage and part of the drive . When I further looked into it it only applied while the house was leasehold and as we had bought the freehold back in 2000 it no longer applied.

FussyElmo
11-01-2013, 02:30 PM
Most houses have the clause in that you cannot run a business from the property.

However childminding is not classed as a business as such but its now a case of you proving it.

Are you a member of the NCMA perhaps they could give you the right wording etc.