PDA

View Full Version : NVQ interview

Delly
24-06-2008, 11:49 AM
Just got my letter through about my interview for NVQ3, typical its a day when I'm minding, so will have 2 kiddies with me, rung college they won't change it, say only date available, but I can take the kids with me!..

Can't see how sucessful interview will be with a 19mth and 18mth with me.

how has everyone else got on at these interviews are they pretty informal ? will I be ok with the kids?

nell57
24-06-2008, 12:12 PM
You will be fine, though bare in mind each area are different how they run things.

I did'nt have any mindees with me when i had my interview, but it was pretty informal so you will be ok, it seems ages now since i had my interview, i cant remember exactly what they asked it was questions on things like do you plan short term or long term and what my daily routine for the day.

Good luck with yours, when do you have it?

Helen

Delly
24-06-2008, 12:40 PM
Thanks Helen, its next wednesday morning, I'm not worried about the interview too much, apart from the letter says that I will need to do a test,

I'm just not sure how I'll manage that with 2 of them really, but hey i'm all for trying.. lol !!

Annie_T
24-06-2008, 12:49 PM
gd luck hun and give 2 mindee's something while your in there - dunno what tho lol

im sure all will be ok x

miffy
24-06-2008, 08:11 PM
Mine was very informal too - really just a chat so nothing to worry about

Good luck I'm sure you'll be fine

miffy xx

lesley
24-06-2008, 08:16 PM
I took the children with me when I went for the interview - which was just a chat about the course, the was 3 other childminders had interviews and they all took the children along. When we enrolled a couple of weeks ago we went along with children in tow. Good luck.

Lesley

nell57
25-06-2008, 09:02 AM
Thanks Helen, its next wednesday morning, I'm not worried about the interview too much, apart from the letter says that I will need to do a test,

I'm just not sure how I'll manage that with 2 of them really, but hey i'm all for trying.. lol !!

The test will probably be just to see your literacy skill level to see if you require help with it, and I'm positive you will be fine on that:) I had to write a short piece too, something along the lines similar to what you did on your ICP

Good luck and lets us know how you go

Helen