PDA

View Full Version : Days in lieu for nursery hours?

jadavi
11-01-2013, 06:10 AM
Are you strict about term time only or are you flexible about taking hours elsewhere (ie school holiday time) with sickness and valid excuses given ahead of time? My mindee had no transport for a week. Can I owe them hours in lieu?

FussyElmo
11-01-2013, 07:00 AM
Thats entirely up to you.

Im flexible enough to let them change days in the same week I wouldnt however let them carry hours over more because it would be hard to keep track of the hours.

I dont work school holidays so i wouldnt let them carry it over till then.

But thats what I would do if you feel you should then go for it. Dont think there is a right or wrong answer :thumbsup::thumbsup:

mabel
11-01-2013, 09:04 AM
Thats entirely up to you.

Im flexible enough to let them change days in the same week I wouldnt however let them carry hours over more because it would be hard to keep track of the hours.

I dont work school holidays so i wouldnt let them carry it over till then.

But thats what I would do if you feel you should then go for it. Dont think there is a right or wrong answer :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Personally I wouldn't.........once you start this som people can take advantage and use you, so it depends on the person, if its a one off you could comply just this time and owe hours.

lynncjt
11-01-2013, 09:23 AM
Personally I wouldn't.........once you start this som people can take advantage and use you, so it depends on the person, if its a one off you could comply just this time and owe hours.

I agree, I would definitely not do this with a new parent, but might as a one off for and existing good parent to help them out.

VeggieSausage
11-01-2013, 10:02 AM
I wouldn't carry it over, what if they have transport problems for 2 more weeks in the year would you then provide 3 weeks in the summer holidays? I offer my families 4 weeks a year on 1/2 fees to take as holidays so I would probably say oh well we'll do a holiday week this week. Although I don't offer holidays to term time only contracts it is just that they have to pay for every week during the term regardless if they are there or not.

ChocolateChip
11-01-2013, 12:05 PM
I wouldn't carry term time hours over into holidays, if anyone of my tto's want holiday care then they pay the extra for it. I am happy to be flexible in the week providing I have the space but a tto contract is just that- term time only.
I have a family who lost their car in flooding not long before Christmas and haven't been able to replace it yet. As a short term solution I am picking the baby up and dropping him back but it's only two days a week and not that far away, the compromise is that although I am paid from 8am I don't normally get to them until about 9.15, and they are flexible with hometime depending on who else I have got. (I did offer though as felt sorry for dad who after working a night shift was struggling on the bus with the baby and it was taking him nearly an hour to get here and losing his sleep time during the day, soft date that I am!)
They know I am only doing it until the end of the month though, but would a similar arrangement work for you in the very short term?