PDA

View Full Version : Before and after school only?

snufflepuff
10-01-2013, 07:29 PM
Hi everyone! :) I haven't been on in a while, enjoying my maternity leave....hope you are all well!

I've been thinking about my return to childminding. My son starts school in September so I thought that might be a good time to get back in to things. I'd quite like to provide before and after school care only. Does anyone else do this? Do you also care for the school children during the school holidays or are you term time only? Do you provide an evening meal or just a substantial snack? Also (and I know it varies greatly, but just to give me an idea, taking in to consideration that I used to charge £3.50ph for the pre-school age children I cared for) how much do you charge?

Tazmin68
10-01-2013, 07:46 PM
The nursery next to the school that my boys attend charge a flat fee before and after school so I charge close to that which is £5 before school and £8 after school which includes a hot meal. I start at 7am and finish at 6pm. I have two children one before and after and the other is after school only they are both term time only. I have two other children who attend different schools and they come to me school holidays only. This suits me fine. I have 3 children all part time in the ey bracket and they are all term time only. I only charge term time which means that during school holidays I have my own two boys aged 4 and 10 and two mindees both boys one aged 10 and the other is 6 so I have quality time with my boys as no little ones and they also have the company of the other two children.

sarah707
11-01-2013, 08:29 AM
We have quite a few after school children and they are great fun!

We pick them up, give them a drink and a small fruit / carb based snack and then they play until tea.

We all sit and have tea together 445 - 515 and they all go home before 6pm. They watch TV or read books after tea.

We charge according to the local area - you'd need to check what other minders and after school clubs charge.

Hth :D

lynncjt
11-01-2013, 08:37 AM
I do pre/after school as well as the young ones. My day rate is 3.50 per hour but for pre/after school it is £4 ph with a minimum charge of £5 before school and £8 after school. I include a substantial snack in that price, eg pizza or home made bread but stress to parents that I do not provide an evening meal. My after schoolies usually leave at 5:00 or 5:30.