PDA

View Full Version : Question 2 - Internet sites

Ant_h18
10-01-2013, 04:10 PM
what Internet site do and allow children at 8 and over and children under.

They keep on asking if they are allow on youtube at the minute i said no.

heidilunn
10-01-2013, 05:21 PM
I would let the 8year old LG I look after on youtube with supervision, but I would of course ask for parental consent.

I am a nanny so maybe slightly different.

loocyloo
10-01-2013, 05:34 PM
we look at youtube all together here.

DS ( 10 ) and DD ( 7 ) go on moshi monsters, but are not allowed elsewhere without checking first. DS has other sites & things that he goes on, but he has to tell me that is what he is doing!

currently schoolies are not interested in computor, as they do, i may have to re-assess what i do!

sarah707
10-01-2013, 05:51 PM
We use sites like you tube and google together.

The children have a laptop with Billy Bear as the search engine and k9 security software (it barks if they go somewhere they shouldn't).

They go on safe sites like bbc and itv.

Hth :D

FussyElmo
10-01-2013, 06:08 PM
YouTube together.

Cbbc kiz and friv are the children's favourite

tori4
10-01-2013, 06:15 PM
We use sites like you tube and google together.

The children have a laptop with Billy Bear as the search engine and k9 security software (it barks if they go somewhere they shouldn't).

They go on safe sites like bbc and itv.

Hth :D

Hi Sarah I have just installed new OS on our PC need to make it more accessible to my DS, still safe and secure but doesn't just stop everything. How restrictive is K9 ? And what is Billy Bear ?

I got LA funding for new PC a few years bk we choose a touch screen and now with Windows 8 it is amazing including the v little ones - would recommend to anyone thinking abt upgrading.