PDA

View Full Version : dark dens

watgem
09-01-2013, 08:26 PM
sorry if this has been asked before but does any one have a dark den? if so would you recommend them? do they take up much room when folded or when set up? how many children can go in at a time? would they be suitable for 1 or 2 year olds to play in(with me of course)and could an adult fit in one with the kiddies?:)

blue bear
09-01-2013, 09:06 PM
I have one from tts, get some masking tape and mark out what it would be like on the carpet it's a square and each side is 1m long, this will give you a good idea how much room it will take up.
We get three after schoolies in quite comfortably, I fit in with three little ones all cosied up. I thought it would be a lovely calm area, it's more of a place to scream and get excited, it's a house a space rocket etc. it's very very dark in there which can be a bit scary to some little ones but you can roll up the window and doors.

lynncjt
09-01-2013, 09:06 PM
I have one but it's Gold! The children love it, particularly when I put XMAS lights inside it, but it is quite big and does not fold, you have to actually take it apart.

I can get in it with 2 small children but they really see it as their place!

It's like this but gold. The Dark Den - Children's Sensory Environment (http://www.tts-group.co.uk/shops/tts/Products/PD1727852/The-Dark-Den/)

sarah707
10-01-2013, 06:06 PM
My friend has one - she has a big living room for it to go in though I think my little rooms would be too small.

She puts it together - it's like tubes that slot in to each other with corners and things - when the children want to use it and has lots of light toys - her battery bill is huge :laughing:

The children do enjoy it - but then they love my little pop up tent as well and that didn't cost as much and is a lot smaller.

Hth :D

MessybutHappy
10-01-2013, 06:19 PM
We have a pop up tent...add a blanket over the top...it's quite dark enough for most imaginary expeditions!!!

watgem
10-01-2013, 06:34 PM
lovely thank you everyone will get some tape out on the carpet this weekend and maybe investigate some pop-up tents, I only have small rooms tooSarah:)

RainbowDrops
10-01-2013, 06:51 PM
I have this ikea tent, got it half price before Christmas - CIRKUSTĂ„LT Children's tent - IKEA (http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/30206882/) It's fab, the kids love it, can throw a blanket over the top to make it darker, plus the bottom is like real tent ground sheet material so it's great to take out into the garden as well

watgem
10-01-2013, 08:38 PM
I love that tent Rainbowdrops:)thank you for sharingxxx