PDA

View Full Version : Childminding from an annexe

AliceK
09-01-2013, 04:52 PM
If you were to childmind from an annexe attached to your home with internal access to it I assume that would be okay but what about if the annexe was detached from the home? So in the grounds but obviously not accessible internally from your home. Would there be a problem with regards "childminding" from there?

xxx

loocyloo
09-01-2013, 05:49 PM
i 'think' it is then not classed at childminding from domestic premises. might be worth phoning ofsted, also local planning bods.

i know we were looking at buying a house that had a seperate building ( old police house, with a little police station next door!!! ( complete with cell :laughing: ) and i spoke to someone and was told no, BUT, if i put a linking 'conservatory' between the two, then it would have been fine !!! sadly though, the house was then sold before the auction it was to be sold at :rolleyes: !!!

QualityCare
09-01-2013, 05:50 PM
Is the annexe fully self contained so you would have no reason to enter the main house at all during the working day, if it is l can't see why you cannot be registered to work from there.

AliceK
09-01-2013, 07:26 PM
Is the annexe fully self contained so you would have no reason to enter the main house at all during the working day, if it is l can't see why you cannot be registered to work from there.

Yes its got it's own kitchen, bathroom and 2 beds so fully self contained but as I wouldn't be actually "living" in it I don't know how Ofsted would view it. Might have to give them a call / email.

Thanks xx

AliceK
09-01-2013, 07:27 PM
i 'think' it is then not classed at childminding from domestic premises. might be worth phoning ofsted, also local planning bods.

i know we were looking at buying a house that had a seperate building ( old police house, with a little police station next door!!! ( complete with cell :laughing: ) and i spoke to someone and was told no, BUT, if i put a linking 'conservatory' between the two, then it would have been fine !!! sadly though, the house was then sold before the auction it was to be sold at :rolleyes: !!!

:laughing: Love it.

xxx

watgem
09-01-2013, 08:09 PM
I want one:)would be lovely, you could just shut the door on it at the end of each day:)

lilac_dragon
09-01-2013, 08:17 PM
I want one:)would be lovely, you could just shut the door on it at the end of each day:)

Utter Bliss!!!!

jillplum
10-01-2013, 11:13 AM
Yes I want one too.