PDA

View Full Version : what type of car do u have?

adele1985
09-01-2013, 09:14 AM
at the moment i have a galaxy ( can fit 4 children in it)

im thinking of getting a smaller car as i fin them eaier to learn in ( i cant drive yet my mothing in law is the driver when we do school runs)

im thinking of getting a car with a 3 point harness in the middle back seat has anyone else got one of these?? can 3 children fit in with boosters okay??

Jenna
09-01-2013, 09:28 AM
We've just bought a Volkswagen Toran it's a 7 seated but so far we haven't needed to use the seats in the boot so there folded flat to the floor lots of room for buggies that way and I can fit 3 proper seats across the back seat as there all 3 point belts. I'm really happy with it works excellent with minding and the children can climb in and out them selves easily which is a great help. We've got a 1.9 diesel and it seems to be doing very well on fuel consumption too which is a big bonus

helena_j
09-01-2013, 10:30 AM
Citroen C8 7 seats and enough boot space for double and single buggy, upgraded from my zafira as couldn't get children and equipment all in lol.

TAZ
09-01-2013, 11:12 AM
I have a galaxy too.
The booster seats I own range in size / bulkiness.
If you're looking to get a smaller car & worried about getting all the booster seats in then it's probably worth going to a car dealer armed with the children's seats and trying them out! Make sure you have a go at doing the seat-belts up with all the boosters in as they may fit but then tricky to get hands between to fasten.
If you have bulky boosters you may find the cheaper option is investing in less bulky boosters rather than having to buy a bigger car to fit bulky boosters.

Ripeberry
09-01-2013, 11:46 AM
Vauxhall Zafira. But I would love a sporty SAAB convertable. But alas it would be very impractical :D

lizduncan72
09-01-2013, 01:47 PM
I have a galaxy too.
The booster seats I own range in size / bulkiness.
If you're looking to get a smaller car & worried about getting all the booster seats in then it's probably worth going to a car dealer armed with the children's seats and trying them out! Make sure you have a go at doing the seat-belts up with all the boosters in as they may fit but then tricky to get hands between to fasten.
If you have bulky boosters you may find the cheaper option is investing in less bulky boosters rather than having to buy a bigger car to fit bulky boosters.

Definitely good idea to try seats in before you buy-I didn't and found that although technically the three seats do fit in I can't do up the seatbelts :( just as well I haven't had three little ones yet! Only good point about not being full lol

jillplum
09-01-2013, 02:56 PM
When mine were little I bought a Corsa as you can fit two car seats and a booster cushion on the back seat. Still drive a Corsa today.

geordiebunny
09-01-2013, 09:42 PM
I have a primera and can't get 3 seats in my back seat, we have an older almera aswell and its the same situation. I have found the picasso is better when looking as it has 3 individual seats seats rather than a bench seat in the back.
I am on look out for a zafira for pure fact I don't need 7 seats all time, just in bad weather on school run, and have only me and hubby when not working.

MrsP2C
09-01-2013, 10:26 PM
Another vote for a Touran - I can fit 3 proper seats (2 high back boosters & a big stage 1 with isofix) across the back without any problem and usually have 1 seat up in the boot with a booster still leaving space for a double buggy & easy to get in & out. I've also got the 1.9 diesel & my only complaint is mine doesn't have parking sensors which I could really do with!!

Tazmin68
10-01-2013, 12:18 PM
Hi

I do have a 07 plate zaf. It is a 1.6 which is fine for us as I have two children myself and only need all 7 seats about two days a week on school run. If you had more children yourself and needed all 7 seats all the time I would go for bigger engine. I find insurance is fine. If needed I use the large car seats at the back and one in the middle row with booster seats in the others if needed. I can fit double buggy in boot or 2 x mother care jives which I can clip together and my two boys scooters for after school. Had it three years not had to pay for any work on it, tax not too bad and insurance quite good.

loocyloo
10-01-2013, 01:58 PM
i've got a toyota verso, which i love. i have 2 seats in the boot, that are full size seats, that then fold down and don't like seats! i can fit 3 car seats across the middle row. not much buggy room when all seats are up & in use, but we manage!

i also love that it doesn't look like a big car when we have back seats down and doens't feel like a big car when driving it.

x