PDA

View Full Version : BREAKFAST, LUNCH, TEA?

LOOPYLISA
24-06-2008, 10:10 AM
Hi just wondering how many of you offer breakfast , lunch , tea?

Im wondering how hard its going to be getting breakfast when its all rush to get to school?

Lunch will obvioulsly be ok, but dinner/tea? how do you all manage?

Im wondering if only to include lunch? i suppose its up to the individual childminder?

But do many parents expect there children to have a hot meal? HELP!!!!!!!!:laughing:

miffy
24-06-2008, 10:14 AM
I don't offer breakfast as I have children arriving between 8.00 and 8.30 so I think it's too difficult - I explain this to parents before they start and it's never been a problem.
I have given breakfast if they've overslept or something and not had time.

For the under 5's I include lunch and tea - same in school hols for everyone.
After schoolers pay extra for tea and it could be either a cooked meal or sandwiches

miffy xx

SimplyLucy
24-06-2008, 10:28 AM
I don't provide any meals as such.

My mindees arrive at 6.30am so I do their breakfast, their mum brings a couple of boxes of cereal and leaves them at mine, I let her know when they are running low and she gives me more. It's for 3 children and works well.

All mindees brings a packed lunch for lunch time. I store them in the fridge and serve it on plates.

For tea I only have 1 mindee and he brings something with him that I have to heat and feed to him. It's normally cottage pie/pasta/ pie and mash, that type of thing.

When I started minding I know that with 4 children of my own I'd never be able to keep up with the shopping if I had to provide meals for mindees too. I've never had a parent moan that I don't provide meals.

Oh sometimes in the school hols when I have 8 children here we make pizzas or cook a meal as an activity, I let parents know when this is going to happen so their children don't need to bring packed lunches.

Mollymop
24-06-2008, 11:18 AM
I do breakfast and lunch but not dinner (not yet anyway)

I will only do breakfast up until 7;45 because of the school runs.

I have to do 2 lunches at the moment as my morning mindee goes to playschool as my afternoon mindee comes out.

I just make them sandwiches, salads and soups.

I tell the parents that I do not cook meals for lunch as I have a busy midday!!

Twinkles
24-06-2008, 12:01 PM
I do breakfast if needed ( I don't have any morning school runs to do ) . Some children bring a packed lunch and the others get soup or a sandwich type of lunch.
I always do a cooked tea which I try to pre-prepare the night before or at lunchtime when the littles have their nap.
I do warn parents that in school holidays we tend to be out all day so they might only get a sandwich tea too. If that happens I make sure they get lots of fruit and carrot sticks etc.

deeb66
24-06-2008, 12:14 PM
If the child is to have breakfast then they need to be here by 8am at the latest

As I put tea on the table around 5ish then any child who is to stay for tea must be contracted for 5.45 or 6pm.

If any contracts fall outside those times I will provide snacks etc.

sarah707
24-06-2008, 12:39 PM
I set meal times and feed whatever children are here at the time...

Breakfast they must be here before 8am ... lunch is between 12 and 1 ... tea is 445 to 515.

Some nights we have 9 for tea! :D

LOOPYLISA
24-06-2008, 12:41 PM
I set meal times and feed whatever children are here at the time...

Breakfast they must be here before 8am ... lunch is between 12 and 1 ... tea is 445 to 515.

Some nights we have 9 for tea! :D

9........... o m g :eek:

Pudding Girl
24-06-2008, 12:41 PM
I offer all, ( for a charge of course!!) everyone who has been to see me has really liked that I cook a hot meal at lunchtime, it mustn't be common round my area, so it's a bit of a USP

I don't find it a rush as on the mornings they are only here b4 2-3 group I do quick things that I know they'll hurry up with, like cereal. SO breakfast is between 7.30am and 8am

Lunch is around 12 noon and dinner is at 4.45pm

chubbymummy
24-06-2008, 01:14 PM
i only do breakfast for one child after i've dropped other children off at school, parents provide it

i do sandwiches/something on toast etc for lunch

for tea we have a hot meal

all meals i provide are charged for

christine e
24-06-2008, 03:23 PM
I do breakfast, lunch and tea but stress that children must arrive before 8.00 am to have breakfast

Cx

katickles
24-06-2008, 03:37 PM
At the moment my midees wil have some toast/cereal with me in the mornings, but i don't have any school runs to do.

I do provide lunch, but this could be anything from sandwich to hot cooked meals - just depends.

Dinner I do a hot meal.

I do have set dining times for lunch & dinner though so parents have to work around these - IYSWIM

:)

Pauline
24-06-2008, 04:31 PM
Breakfast when the children arrive which is always before 8 am.

Hot meal at lunch time .... we have to work with military precision as we have children at both morning and afternoon nursery, so we only have 1 hour turn around. I usually sort dinner out while Graham fetches the morning ones, I have it on the table for when they walk in.

That is why you will rarely find me on here during dinner times!! :laughing:

Tea - sandwiches, fruit, cake. at 4 pm when they get back from nursery/school

:)

Heaven Scent
24-06-2008, 10:01 PM
I provide all 3 if required breakfast, cooked dinner for lunch & tea of soup or sandwiches salads etc. I give desert with lunch & tea plus 2 healty snacks all included in my fees

jaja
25-06-2008, 10:02 AM
if kids are with me at 730 til 8 i do breakfast but by 815 am leaving the house, lunch i usually provide sandwich and bits and then tea i prepare before i go to school and stick it in the oven for when i get back, saves time.

Its a rush after school so we dont seem to get a chance to do much really, xx