PDA

View Full Version : Silly question prob but panicing!!

lucyD
08-01-2013, 02:50 PM
Awaiting call from Ofsted re: first graded insp, do they normally call on a Monday to check availability for that week? They did last time & they then offered me that wed or following wed. Just concerned as I work part-time hours. If they call midweek I will be all of a tither trying to make sure everything is perfect, (mainly dusting lol) Hopefully I will have one more weekend before th dreaded call to double check everything AND do some SEF! :panic:

LauraS
08-01-2013, 02:54 PM
Awaiting call from Ofsted re: first graded insp, do they normally call on a Monday to check availability for that week? They did last time & they then offered me that wed or following wed. Just concerned as I work part-time hours. If they call midweek I will be all of a tither trying to make sure everything is perfect, (mainly dusting lol) Hopefully I will have one more weekend before th dreaded call to double check everything AND do some SEF! :panic:

I had a call late on new years eve for inspection on the Thursday of that week which I couldn't do, and the second call was on the Friday for the monday. Good luck!

lucyD
08-01-2013, 03:02 PM
I had a call late on new years eve for inspection on the Thursday of that week which I couldn't do, and the second call was on the Friday for the monday. Good luck!

Damn & blast!! ha ha, well I dont work fri or mon but could potentially get a call tom for Thurs then....eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!! Just need time to prepare & get my head in the right place really, think everything is ok but you never know & I like to double check everything. So keen to get a GOOD as would love to offer the funded places! Seem to be afew people on here getting good first time, so hopefully I am doing enough :)

Thanks x

helena_j
08-01-2013, 05:51 PM
I can't remember what day I got my call but I had 3 weeks notice as she had loads to do! She was also very flexible and am told if you say when is good for you they will fit in with your routine. Good luck:-)

LauraS
08-01-2013, 06:38 PM
Damn & blast!! ha ha, well I dont work fri or mon but could potentially get a call tom for Thurs then....eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!! Just need time to prepare & get my head in the right place really, think everything is ok but you never know & I like to double check everything. So keen to get a GOOD as would love to offer the funded places! Seem to be afew people on here getting good first time, so hopefully I am doing enough :)

Thanks x

I didn't get any flexibility - I was told on the Friday phone call that it was for anytime the following week, and then had a text from the actual inspector at 8pm the night.before to say see you in the morning.

I was desperate for a good for the funding too, and got one. I'm sure.you'll be.ok.

mushpea
08-01-2013, 07:36 PM
They called me 4pm one day and came 10am the next day

lucyD
08-01-2013, 08:19 PM
They called me 4pm one day and came 10am the next day

YIKES! In a way that may be a good idea to save me worrying too much. If I can just have this weekend to get SEF done I will feel ready! Not sure what she will say if its not done so think I had better

Thanks for your replies, bricking it still x