PDA

View Full Version : Trying to set up a new routine and its tough!

amirose
08-01-2013, 09:28 AM
I have spent this morning researching toddler groups and every single one I have phoned seems to have closed down :(
We are looking for something to do Tuesday afternoons but we only have an hour, but both boys are two and a half so would of been nice and then on Thursday mornings, I can't believe how difficult it is!
I did momentarily consider setting up my own but lets face it that's a commitment I really don't need on top of 46 hours a week work. Feeling a bit disheartened, some of the groups I found would of been perfect (times and location) :(

nikkiv
08-01-2013, 09:47 AM
It's not such a massive task to set up especially if there are other childminders in your area wanting the same thing as everyone may well help out, take it in turns to run an activity each week or even do it every other week! I work 50 hours a week and have managed to get a slot at our local childrens centre to set up my own childminding drop in as a support for childminders as well as doing activities for the children! Contact your local department / childminder co-ordinater and try to send out an email to all childminders in your area get their opinion and interest :)

VeggieSausage
08-01-2013, 09:53 AM
Otherwise what about teaming up with a couple of minders and doing a planned trip each week - park, walk, library etc

wendywu
08-01-2013, 10:20 AM
Most of the groups in our area seem to be in the morning, i have never in the 16 years on minding been to an afternoon group. But we do have plently of them here :)