PDA

View Full Version : Moving house

TNT
07-01-2013, 08:07 PM
We are finally putting our house on the market after 2 years of putting it off :clapping: (had a surprise baby:blush:).
I would like some advice from those of you that have done it while childminding. My idea is to take 2 weeks holiday around the time of completion but it is difficult to plan as there can be setbacks etc. Do OFSTED visit you straight away after the move? Do they do a full inspection or just a snoop around to check the house?
Just wondering how everyone else organised it really.

Allie
07-01-2013, 08:18 PM
It was a few years ago but I informed Ofsted I would be moving on x day and would be working as a childminder from x day (gave myself a week to get straight) I sent them a letter stating what parts of the new house I would be using and told them I had risk assesed everything, offering to share my risk assessment with them (this was before the old EYFS came in)

I had a letter telling me to I would be inspected at the normal time in my inspection cycle at my new house and was about 18 months later

Allie

mammumof4
08-01-2013, 11:37 AM
I moved just over a year ago, informed them and they just said to carry on doing what I'm doing and I will be inspected as normal, I'm now overdue an inspection :/

AliceK
08-01-2013, 11:41 AM
I moved just over a year ago, informed them and they just said to carry on doing what I'm doing and I will be inspected as normal, I'm now overdue an inspection :/

Same here 2 years ago. I informed them, did my RA's which they didn't need to see, they sent me my new certificate with my new address, that was it. I am waiting for my next inspection, due anytime now.

xxx

TNT
08-01-2013, 01:56 PM
That is great news that they may not come out at all. I was sure that the inspector said they would need to see the new house when I had my last inspection a year ago.
Did you guys take a lot of time off? How did you sort it with holidays etc.