PDA

View Full Version : What bugs you?.

nikki thomson
07-01-2013, 05:33 PM
Went to a soft play area today and there were quite a few cm there, I have to say there were a few things that really bothered me, firstly I hate children who clearly have a cold, very runny think green snot constantly running out there noses not having it wiped even when said cm can clearly see they need a tissue, I get really edgy as I want to pounce and give there nose a good wipe.
Secondly cm who clearly can smell that there lo needs a nappy change as there stinking the hole place out but are to busy chatting about celebrity big brother to go and do it yukkkk.
Thirdly mindees clearly have had lunch been taken out of high chair and left to just wonder round without having
there faces wiped and there's dried food, yogurt in there hair up there nose etc, I know I'm very OCD about such things but is it me???!!!, what if anything bugs you about how other people look after there children, I'm not talking about major things just stuff that annoys you? Or maybe it just me, lol. X

kel1983
07-01-2013, 05:49 PM
Yes all of the above bugs me too. :)

What really bugs me is when you are out and about and someone elses child is clearly being rude and boisterous and the mum/carer is oo busy chatting or sitting on their mobile to even notice. :angry:

Also the children (and parents) who run around and sit chatting very loudly during Rhyme/Story time at the library. Why bother going if you are not going to participate

funemnx
07-01-2013, 05:52 PM
Grown ups chatting while a story is being read annoys me too :thumbsup:

QualityCare
07-01-2013, 05:56 PM
I stopped going to story time at our library as so many parents/carers ignored their children who were walking around, hitting other children and standing in the way while they sat talking, even when the librarian asked them to stop talking they wouldn't this went on for weeks, its so rude.

lizduncan72
07-01-2013, 06:23 PM
All of the above and more!!!! Don't get me started lol :)

loocyloo
07-01-2013, 06:51 PM
all the above!

i am a very grumpy old childminder!

i also get cross when we are in coffee shops and parents/adults are busy chatting and 'not noticing' child throwing food/running round/climbing under all the tables.

and i'm sure there are more .... give me time! ;)

lilac_dragon
07-01-2013, 06:51 PM
Went to a soft play area today and there were quite a few cm there, I have to say there were a few things that really bothered me, firstly I hate children who clearly have a cold, very runny think green snot constantly running out there noses not having it wiped even when said cm can clearly see they need a tissue, I get really edgy as I want to pounce and give there nose a good wipe.
Secondly cm who clearly can smell that there lo needs a nappy change as there stinking the hole place out but are to busy chatting about celebrity big brother to go and do it yukkkk.
Thirdly mindees clearly have had lunch been taken out of high chair and left to just wonder round without having
there faces wiped and there's dried food, yogurt in there hair up there nose etc, I know I'm very OCD about such things but is it me???!!!, what if anything bugs you about how other people look after there children, I'm not talking about major things just stuff that annoys you? Or maybe it just me, lol. X

I have to agree with all you've said, I can remember my Mum saying to me as a child "let's wash your face or the flies will be all over you"! If you don't start the ball rolli ng with the children by cleaning them - and their noses, they won't learn that germs spreadwhen you're dirty. I also feel it makes the child look neglected - not a good advert for the Childminder, surely! Not respectful of other people either if the food/snot is being spread onto the equipment YUK! As for dirty nappies, apart from the fact that the child could get really sore, the cm is making a rod for their own back when it comes to potty training - they're giving the child the message that it's alright to walk around in a dirty nappy.
My big bugbear is when I go to a Toddler Group (I'm the only childminder for miles) and parents are not supervising their child as they're chatting to friends or (more often) they're scouring the net on their mobiles. Lots of the "little dears" can get quite out of control and the parents ignore it. I don't interfere unless it's one of my mindees on the receiving end, if it is, I have developed a booming voice which can echo round the rafters of the village hall and goes along the lines of " Child A if you lay one finger on my minded child just one more time you'll find yourself on the naughty step" I then turn to the astounded parent and say " So sorry, I forgot he was yours not mine, just stopping it from turning into something I have to put in an Incident Report to Ofsted" It works VERY well!!!

tori4
07-01-2013, 07:03 PM
I have to agree with all you've said, I can remember my Mum saying to me as a child "let's wash your face or the flies will be all over you"! If you don't start the ball rolli ng with the children by cleaning them - and their noses, they won't learn that germs spreadwhen you're dirty. I also feel it makes the child look neglected - not a good advert for the Childminder, surely! Not respectful of other people either if the food/snot is being spread onto the equipment YUK! As for dirty nappies, apart from the fact that the child could get really sore, the cm is making a rod for their own back when it comes to potty training - they're giving the child the message that it's alright to walk around in a dirty nappy.
My big bugbear is when I go to a Toddler Group (I'm the only childminder for miles) and parents are not supervising their child as they're chatting to friends or (more often) they're scouring the net on their mobiles. Lots of the "little dears" can get quite out of control and the parents ignore it. I don't interfere unless it's one of my mindees on the receiving end, if it is, I have developed a booming voice which can echo round the rafters of the village hall and goes along the lines of " Child A if you lay one finger on my minded child just one more time you'll find yourself on the naughty step" I then turn to the astounded parent and say " So sorry, I forgot he was yours not mine, just stopping it from turning into something I have to put in an Incident Report to Ofsted" It works VERY well!!!

Love the booming voice quote - may have to use this myself unfortunately it would be at the local childminders group :-0 !!!

blue bear
07-01-2013, 07:28 PM
The parent or carer whose child has walloped yours who turns around in a sweet sickly voice "oh, don't do that" then let's him run off and do it to someone else. No sorry and no consequence for his action.

ChocolateChip
07-01-2013, 07:29 PM
All of the above!!!!
Also 'pushy' parents/ cm's at playdays/ activity days etc who conveniently ignore children who have been patiently waiting their turn and just barge in at all the tables regardless, so rude!

~Grasshopper~
07-01-2013, 07:35 PM
oh i hear you hun.

i live opposite a playgroup and the parents who dont hold there childs hand over the road/ near cars, drives me nuts. i mean 2 yr olds. my own 2yr old knows to hold my hand near the road but these kids just fly about the road :(

x

Allie
07-01-2013, 08:10 PM
It boils down to the fact that lots of parents and some carers aren't nuturing the next generation, not showing them how to behave or taking care of their basic needs, to be clean and cared for isn't a lot to ask is it?

Allie

samb
07-01-2013, 08:11 PM
The thing that bugs me the most at the moment is parents who tell their child do something but don't make them do it! Don't get me wrong, I don't mean physically force them into doing something they don't want to do that doesn't matter if it's done or not. I mean the stuff that's dangerous that they ask the child to either do or stop doing to prevent an accident happening and then just watch it happen and don't say anything! Grrrrrr!

migimoo
07-01-2013, 10:00 PM
Brain hurting i have so many things I could list!:D
All of the above plus the one annoying me atm is we have a clique of mums at my p&t group who's children can do no wrong (they're all rude,bossy and disrespectful)....caught one of the mums the other day having a right nasty go at my 22mnth old mindee (who has developmental delays) for accidentally driving into her son on the ride on car....her son is 4!!!
She soon got short shrift from me I can tell you!:angry:

littlelollies
07-01-2013, 10:21 PM
To be honest at the toddler group I in to the children aren't the issue its the minders!!! They are catty and I have it

I will talk to anyone mom or minder and I am new to minding and the more experienced ones have their own corner and I feel excluded weekly.... They spoke about a Christmas party for the kids in front of me and I never got am invite and also the minders from the village went out for a meal at Christmas again on invite

Maybe I am being touchy but I always speak to new mom minders anyone at groups they are and can be nerve wracking places to go if you don't know anybody

Winge over sorry guys :-D

mushpea
07-01-2013, 10:34 PM
People not understanding that just because a child looks ' normal' they may have SEN, my son has aspergers traits and ADHD and from very little when he was having paddys in the street people would give me filthy looks, even now, he's 12, people still do it, they see a grown lad kicking off and his mum apparently ignoring him and filthy looks arise, he actually needs time to calm before I can begin talking to him but as they don't know my son they don't know this so just judge him as out of control and me a rubbish mum
Phew, rant over lol

Trouble
07-01-2013, 10:53 PM
All of the above and so much more :D

migimoo
08-01-2013, 08:18 AM
People not understanding that just because a child looks ' normal' they may have SEN, my son has aspergers traits and ADHD and from very little when he was having paddys in the street people would give me filthy looks, even now, he's 12, people still do it, they see a grown lad kicking off and his mum apparently ignoring him and filthy looks arise, he actually needs time to calm before I can begin talking to him but as they don't know my son they don't know this so just judge him as out of control and me a rubbish mum
Phew, rant over lol

I saw a mum in Tesco's doing just this-calmly ignoring her LO throwing himself around screaming whilst staying close by but getting 'tuts' and dirty looks so I made a point of touching her arm and jokingly saying "keep the faith...you're doing it exactly right:laughing:".....poor woman filled up with tears she must have been that sick of the looks.

LauraS
08-01-2013, 09:47 AM
People who park their cars on the pavement so that nothing can get past. People who stand on pavements and in supermarket aisles doing the.same.

nikkiv
08-01-2013, 09:52 AM
To be honest at the toddler group I in to the children aren't the issue its the minders!!! They are catty and I have it

I will talk to anyone mom or minder and I am new to minding and the more experienced ones have their own corner and I feel excluded weekly.... They spoke about a Christmas party for the kids in front of me and I never got am invite and also the minders from the village went out for a meal at Christmas again on invite

Maybe I am being touchy but I always speak to new mom minders anyone at groups they are and can be nerve wracking places to go if you don't know anybody

Winge over sorry guys :-D

I hear you on that one, one of the reasons I have decided to set up a new group some fresh blood and a bit of change!!!!

littlelollies
08-01-2013, 11:19 AM
I hear you on that one, one of the reasons I have decided to set up a new group some fresh blood and a bit of change!!!!

Oh thank god for that its not just me who has 2 heads lol :-D

Zoomie
08-01-2013, 12:03 PM
People who cross the road when the traffic light is still red.

toddlers896
08-01-2013, 03:55 PM
I looked at this thread the other day and was chuckling away to myself as its funny how we all have these things that annoy us. I didnt post but thought today i would.
I have a new child thats just started and she keeps making these noises that are really getting on my nerves. I keep trying to work out what she is doing. Today I discovered its like she is trying to do a big jobby.(poo). Shes not but thats what it sounds like and when it is constant it gets so annoying. Hopefully it will pass. If not i will go around with ear muffs :laughing:

merry
08-01-2013, 04:37 PM
I had an appointment at the ophthalmic clinic today at the same time as the children's clinic was running and there were 2 children aged about 5/6 running up and down corridors, playing hide and seek in and out of empty consulting rooms where doors had been left open, yelling and shrieking to each other. Despite 2 nurses telling them to stop because being an ophthalmic clinic there would be people there who couldn't see very well and they might have/cause an accident, not one parent looked up or said a word to either of them and they just waited til the nurse had gone and carried on. The whole time I was there I couldn't actually tell who they were with as no one spoke to either of them. That really annoyed me, I had headache enough from eyedrops and bright lights shone into my eyes without having to listen to that noise:angry:

:)

mushpea
08-01-2013, 07:09 PM
Oooh thought of another and actually my biggest pet hat, people who either hover by you tutting or shove past because they can't say excuse me

loocyloo
08-01-2013, 07:29 PM
just witnessed another!

children who are rude to their parents/other adults and the parent does nothing! ... child at football took his coat off and threw it at his mum ... who walked to pick it up off the pitch. he then stood there and shouted 'drink' ... she walked over, picked his drink up from the bench and took it to him ... he grabbed it & didn't even look at her, let alone say thank you! she didn't say a word!

made my blood boil! i am infuriated by children with no respect for their parents and parents who don't expect respect.

Helcatt
08-01-2013, 07:29 PM
A lot of the above bug me. I really do hate the messy children, dirty nappies that are left, snotty noses and the behaviours that are not dealt with! It really irks me because so many cms are fantastic, but this tars everyone with the same brush, the assumption is that we are all like that

I really get annoyed when children are left to run riot and ignored - by parents or carers, and no one tells them off! I once tried to have words with some older boys who had knocked 5 year old mindee flying, and they didn't give a damn. Who the hell was I to tell them and their nannies would not be able to do anything anyway, because they would just tell their dad to sack them - awful.

Oh, I could go on and on

HX

nikkiv
09-01-2013, 12:05 AM
Oh thank god for that its not just me who has 2 heads lol :-D

No there's two of us with two heads ;)