PDA

View Full Version : After school holidays....

Belly2009
07-01-2013, 11:19 AM
Hi,

Does anyone use or have a document for parents of an under 5 which they use after a small break in childcare eg over school holidays to enable parents to show ot tell us what their child does new or has developed since they were last at the setting?

lilac_dragon
07-01-2013, 11:50 AM
The Daily Diary I have for all EYFS is for both me AND the parents to communicate in.
I put in what they do at mine and they put in what they do at home - good/bad nights sleep, eaten breakfast-or not, who they saw that evening/weekend - Grandparnts etc, new things they said or did, games they played, toys,stories,books they're into at the mo. They put in the same sort of info that I put in for them to see.
Also whether there's any difference in who might be collecting that day -eg Grandparents visiting for a few days so might collect after lunch so they can spend some extra time with lo - I always ask for a photo of anyone who I haven't met before.

alisha kench
07-01-2013, 12:04 PM
daily diary is the best solution....

Belly2009
07-01-2013, 03:07 PM
Thanks for your response. I already have this. Im thinking more of a document I could put in LJ. Thanks :)

ChocolateChip
07-01-2013, 08:00 PM
Just make one up hon, you could ask things like if they have been to any new/ favourite places, got any new interests, toys, words, if they have achieved any new milestones etc. Send it home for the hols and ask for it to be brought back filled in!

Belly2009
08-01-2013, 01:31 PM
Thank u. Yes thinking of making one up but sometimes wonder whether I do too much paperwork already :( lol

JCrakers
08-01-2013, 01:55 PM
I think it's probably something u could do without :) I wouldn't make extra paperwork for yourself.

Maybe a couple of post it in the LJ with things mum has mentioned ie days out, new things done,