PDA

View Full Version : Partnership Tax Return Help Needed

monicandave
06-01-2013, 08:57 PM
As far as I'm aware, I need to fill in the SA800 as the nominated partner to report the income for the partnership. Then, as individuals, we both fill in a SA100 to report our individual earnings from the partnership.

I thought I was clear on that, but I have just been looking at the HMRC website and come across the SA104 (short or full). So do I need to complete the SA104 instead of SA100 or in addition to? Can the SA104 be filed online? I was employed prior to becoming a childminder, so does that mean I would have to use the SA104(full)? My partner didn't have any prior earnings, so can she use the SA104(short)?

I just seem to be getting myself all confused so any help would be so gratefully appreciated.

cathtee
06-01-2013, 09:09 PM
Sorry can't help on the parnership side, I file my tax return on line and do the short one, much easier I'm sure someone will be able
to help soon:thumbsup:

MrAnchovy
07-01-2013, 12:23 AM
You need to complete a SA800 for the partnership. Each partner needs to complete an individual tax return, which can be done online or using paper form SA100. If you do it online there is a section to fill in for partnership income; if you do it on paper you will need the SA104 supplementary pages for the partnership income. You only need to use the SA104(F) if your partnership income is complex, which it probably won't be, but check the notes for each form to make sure, or use the online return which will ask questions to get the right information. Each partner will also need to complete any other relevant sections of the online return, or supplementary pages on paper, so in your case you will need to fill in an employment section or a paper SA102.

That sounds more complicated than it is, basically if you do it online it will guide you through the process. If you do it on paper, your tax return consists of a main part which pulls everything together, the SA100, and a number of supplementary pages for each source of income which are listed here (http://search2.hmrc.gov.uk/kb5/hmrc/forms/selfassessmentforms.page).

Or get an accountant :D

monicandave
07-01-2013, 02:00 PM
Thank you so much. You have told me everything I needed to know.:D