PDA

View Full Version : Tick list

MISSYL20
06-01-2013, 06:17 PM
Hi, I'm a new childminder I officially start next week. I'm not planning on keeping an individual daily diary for the parents. I'm going to give verbal feedback and keep a diary for my own records.

Somebody has mention to me about a daily tick list they do for each child. Does anybody have a copy of one of these I could use as a guide to start off with :-/. Would be so grateful if somebody could help

<Note from admin - removed email address for confidentiality>

Tina O
06-01-2013, 08:09 PM
I keep a daily diary for each of my under 5's that goes home every Friday- but for the baby I also do a form for parents everyday.

Its a simple form - table of 4 rows,( food drink/ nappy changes / sleeping / activities) then the columns are where I write for each what has happened (ie drank 125ml milk 8am or dirty nappy 9am etc) This is given each day so mum knows what baby has done. works well for us.. sorry I don't have a copy of it on this computer so can't attach. Hope you can understand what I mean. X

MISSYL20
06-01-2013, 08:32 PM
Ok think I have an idea. What does your diary consist of for the older children? Do you have it back or do they keep it x

jackie 7
07-01-2013, 10:39 AM
I do a daily diary for mine who are all under 3. I put down nappies,sleep what they ate and what they did. I encourage parents to write in it. It demonstrates I am communicating with parents. It is also a written record so parents can't say they weren't told. I also put in holidays and important notes etc. once a week I put in a photo. Parents love it. How are you going to show ofsfed that you are communicating with parents? I also have a personal diary that I write down everything that happened and include comments made by or to parents.

JCrakers
07-01-2013, 10:48 AM
I keep a daily diary for all my under 5s. It's a great way of showing how I work with parents and parents are good at writing in it. Also I have quite a bad memory and if I've had a busy day I usually forget what's happened during the day so writing it down helps me also. It's also a good way of showing times of nappy changes, food eaten/ not eaten, behaviour, activities etc
:)
And I also add anything else in it like ... I need more nappies, wipes or I need money for a trip or a reminder of a holiday I'm taking :)

MISSYL20
09-01-2013, 08:25 AM
I've designed a tick list now so at the end of every day I tick each box which applies. What we did today, the mood I was in, outings Etc so I think at the end of every day ill give this to the parent or get them to sign it to say they've had the feedback. This way I'm Covering myself communicating with parents? Does this sound ok