PDA

View Full Version : can you childmind when living in a rented house?? also....

woowit
06-01-2013, 09:36 AM
what is the deal with having children as in being pregnant when working? I am wanting one more child myself but am wondering whether it best to have my child before i begin working as a childminder or if it is ok to begin as soon as i can and try for child in couple of years time once im established, i can wait to have child as i have 3 already. This is presuming i can childmind in rented accomodation as im not happy to buy just yet not until i see where the market goes. Thankyou xxx

lizduncan72
06-01-2013, 10:15 AM
Don't know if your property is private or council rent but we live in a rented council house and had no problems with my minding-had to write to the council for permission but was granted it no problem, only thing they said was that they wouldn't do any alterations needed for minding like fencing in the garden and that we would have to do it ourselves. Hth x

FussyElmo
06-01-2013, 10:21 AM
You do have to have your landlords permission. If they were to say no then no you couldnt as it would void all your insurances.

You do have to explain to your landlord about childminding as some do say you cant run a business from the property :thumbsup:

woowit
06-01-2013, 10:34 AM
thank you xxx

migimoo
06-01-2013, 12:10 PM
I was told by my local council that they would give permission for me to childmind from 'their' house but I wasn't allowed to advertise the fact on the property....so no signs/posters/banners.

crazykidz
09-01-2013, 12:26 AM
what is the deal with having children as in being pregnant when working? I am wanting one more child myself but am wondering whether it best to have my child before i begin working as a childminder or if it is ok to begin as soon as i can and try for child in couple of years time once im established, i can wait to have child as i have 3 already. This is presuming i can childmind in rented accomodation as im not happy to buy just yet not until i see where the market goes. Thankyou xxx

yes you can childmind in rented accomodation, as i have been for the past year
:thumbsup:

catlyn
26-06-2013, 09:34 AM
sorry to hijack this thread but my friend who lives in council accomodation was told this week she cant become a childminder as its classed as running a business from home and they wont allow it...has anyone else had this reaction from their local council or is it just ours??

lizduncan72
26-06-2013, 09:38 AM
sorry to hijack this thread but my friend who lives in council accomodation was told this week she cant become a childminder as its classed as running a business from home and they wont allow it...has anyone else had this reaction from their local council or is it just ours??

I live in rented council accommodation and was told I could childmind from my home however any alterations I needed to make like fencing in the garden had to be done and paid for myself

Mouse
26-06-2013, 09:39 AM

I would ask to speak to someone else as I know several people who childmind from council rented properties. Also, try to speak to someone on your local early years team. They should know if there are any childminders in the area who work from a council property. It might be something specific to your area, or it might be that the person she spoke to didn't know what they were talking about!

munch149
26-06-2013, 09:42 AM
I'm In rented and childmind. Just need landlords permission. I also started childminding before i had children. My daughter is now 15 months. I had to start from scratch again after returning from maternity leave but It all worked well for me. No reason not to start now

ziggy
26-06-2013, 12:11 PM
I'm in my 2nd privately rented house since i started childminding. Asked landlord/lady first and never had any problems

karen m
26-06-2013, 06:47 PM
I live in rented accommodation and childmind , I have previously rented from a private let both with permission

covgalxxx
26-06-2013, 06:48 PM
I'm going to wait to get registered, then ask landlord cause if they say no we are moving straight away,I just had my baby well 6 months ago and have a 8 year old so my house will be kitted out either way,we want to move anyway need somewhere bigger, but wanted to make money as we was thinking of buying..

sbash7
12-02-2016, 02:21 PM
Hi
jumping on this thread - my landlord is fine with me using our house to childmind from, but what insurance do I/he need? Is public liability insurance enough? Does he need to get in touch with building/house insurance? Do we need to tell contents insurance?
Thanks