PDA

View Full Version : At least she's honest

littletreasures
04-01-2013, 04:29 PM
Found a parent looking for a childminder.

At least she's honest in what she wants.

looking for a honest upfront full time childminder, who cooks home made meals providing a balanced diet would prefer few children against a house full.

Can provide loving care including trips put playgroups etc, would prefer there not to be younger children of childminders to be at home during the day unless you are absolutely sure this wont get in the way of what is your paid work.

Have had a bad experience and as such am looking for someone who isn't fake and doesn't hide behind their so called experiences both professionally and personally.

Need a home from home setting where when I leave your home, I dont have to spend the day worrying and stressing as to what is happening or being taught by your own children.

If you can truly offer the above and arent just in it for the money and your own personal reasons gain please contact me, make no apology for what is in my profile had a very big wake up call with last service provided

There is no question that you have to be ofsted registered and I will need a copy of your documents as well, I am not looking for a nanny or anyone to come into my home to look after my child.

lizduncan72
04-01-2013, 04:54 PM
Like you say-at least she's honest but oh boy!!! Wouldn't want to get involved with her!

freckleonear
04-01-2013, 05:01 PM
Haha I saw that, she favourited my profile on childcare.co.uk. No idea why, as she's nowhere near my part of the country!

buttonmoon11
04-01-2013, 05:03 PM
That says headache to me. I'm all for honesty but goodness me

nikki thomson
04-01-2013, 05:10 PM
Tbh think she would be better with a nanny but either cant afford one or wants a cheaper option, at least she's put it all in her ad what she wants/doesn't want but I think she may well be looking for quite a while to find what she's looking for very specific. X

k1rstie
04-01-2013, 05:19 PM
sounds like a netmum to me!

PrettyFlowers
04-01-2013, 05:54 PM
You must be very close to me, I saw that ad on chidlcare and had a giggle!

blue bear
04-01-2013, 06:42 PM
I took on a mum like this very specific. She was fabulous, once things settled and she realised what I promised I would deliver she relaxed and I was so sad when her lo went to school. She says she's had a bad experience so I don't blame her really at least she is clear what she wants, rather have that than one who suddenly starts making demands I can't meet after a couple of months,

Maza
04-01-2013, 06:55 PM
Maybe she really did have a terrible experience. I would be nervous though if she contacted me!

singingcactus
04-01-2013, 06:56 PM
I'm okay with the ad, apart from where she wants the minders own kids out of the picture! I would hate to take on a client who feels my own child should be elsewhere, and who seems to view my own child as the enemy, cos that much anger is going to show in front of the kids!

littletreasures
04-01-2013, 07:02 PM
You must be very close to me, I saw that ad on chidlcare and had a giggle!

I'm near Sutton so close to her.

Perhaps her previous childminder favoured her own child and didn't treat the kids equally. Very hard as a lot of minders have their own children.

Mine are grown up so would be ok. I think she had more than one child if I remember.

Ripeberry
04-01-2013, 07:33 PM
She needs to leave her job and do her own childcare! Some people! What do they expect? :mad:

bunyip
04-01-2013, 08:26 PM
I took on a mum like this very specific. She was fabulous, once things settled and she realised what I promised I would deliver she relaxed and I was so sad when her lo went to school. She says she's had a bad experience so I don't blame her really at least she is clear what she wants, rather have that than one who suddenly starts making demands I can't meet after a couple of months,

Absolutely. I wish more parents were like this and had a clear idea about what they want.

My only concern (and I could well be wrong) comes from the advertiser's comment about wanting a CM who isn't just in it for the money and personal reasons. Hopefully, she's just overstating a concern because she's had a bad experience. But I hope she realises that we aren't all lottery winners who just do this job as a hobby.

I do fear that she'll struggle to find what she wants though, as so many of us do have our own children around for at least part of the day.

lynncjt
04-01-2013, 08:48 PM
I saw one that was very clear what they wanted but did not bother to reply.... I'm not sure what toys at age of 1 would be considered to be NOT educational.....

Quote..

I am currently looking at returning to work when our daughter turns 1, I am a fun easy going person, I believe a healthy diet is best, we are bring our daughter up with sweet restriction she gets a balanced diet of healthy snacks fruit and veg.
We also beleive in teaching her educationally all her toys are eductional but fun aswelll and we encourage her with everything she does, she already self feeds at most meals and sits at the dinner table with us.
S is a very happ content girl she tells you in her own way what she wants,
She loves PAsta, rice and most fruit and veg the only fruit she isn't keen on is Pears.
If you gave s some fruit and a small piece of choclate on her tray she always eats the fruit first

My Requirements
Babysitter Registered Childminder
We are looking at someone that shares our same views and wold be able to provide a variety diet which must includes fruit and veg, and not unhealthy snacks, reliable and must have at least three years experience looking after a young child

Dionnefp
05-01-2013, 10:13 AM
I took on a child last August and the Mother was a little like this. She sent email questionnaires to 2 of my current parents for references asking all kinds of bizarre questions (eg. does she ever lose her temper with the children? Does she complain about her job?). One of the parents said if it was them they would be scared! Anyway, she has turned out to be a really lovely lady, not at all how I imagined her to be considering the grilling we all got. She was obviously just making sure in her mind I was the right person for her, and I don't mind that at all. I'd much rather that than someone who comes over, makes a quick decision then moans about everything because they actually don't know you or how you work properly.

That said, I have seen some hilarious ads on childcare.co.uk. Have been tempted to reply that they need Mary Poppins! :rolleyes: