PDA

View Full Version : Where do your littleones whi have naps sleep?

CAZMCA
04-01-2013, 04:05 PM
I currently put then down in the pushchair as my travel cot was borrowed by my sister in law and ruined :( I'm just wondering if I should invest in a new one or not, opinions please :)

mushpea
04-01-2013, 04:10 PM
In prams in the garden, they normally fall asleep when were out for walks an they are so well wrapped up if I bring them in they will cook plus they sleep better and for longer outside

Mouse
04-01-2013, 04:12 PM
Mine either sleep in lie back pushchairs or on the sofa. I don't have a travel cot anymore.

Depending who I have here, there might be 3 los in pushchairs & 1 on the sofa. They will all ususally sleep at the same time and in the same room, but as they're in pushchairs it means I can easily move them around the house if I need to. I couldn't do that if they were all in travel cots & I wouldn't have room to put them all anyway.

VeggieSausage
04-01-2013, 04:12 PM
one in a travel cot and one in a buggy (as at home)....I wouldn't be without a travel cot....

moggy
04-01-2013, 04:22 PM
I can't easily get buggies indoors or round the back. Mine sleep in cots upstairs that I keep permanently up, one in our room (a nice wooden cot) and a travel cot in the office room upstairs. An older one has a 'rest' after lunch with gentle music on a soft dog-bed (we do not have a dog!) in the lounge and sometimes fall asleep there. My little ones always sleep better in proper cots with curtains closed, 2+ hours a day after lunch, it would not suit my routine to have them in buggies. Except for short morning nap when we are out anyway so they might sleep in buggy on the way to Toddler group etc. But then again, there are some LOs who prefer buggies so you just have to go with what the children/family prefer and what you can manage with your house layout.

nikki thomson
04-01-2013, 05:44 PM
I can't easily get buggies indoors or round the back. Mine sleep in cots upstairs that I keep permanently up, one in our room (a nice wooden cot) and a travel cot in the office room upstairs. An older one has a 'rest' after lunch with gentle music on a soft dog-bed (we do not have a dog!) in the lounge and sometimes fall asleep there. My little ones always sleep better in proper cots with curtains closed, 2+ hours a day after lunch, it would not suit my routine to have them in buggies. Except for short morning nap when we are out anyway so they might sleep in buggy on the way to Toddler group etc. But then again, there are some LOs who prefer buggies so you just have to go with what the children/family prefer and what you can manage with your house layout.

I'm with you on this, my lo just doesn't sleep properly in a pushchair 20mins tops and then he'd be awake, we have a really good routine, activity or toddler group etc in the morning, home for lunch them up to bed (Travelcot) in my room, curtains shut etc for 2+ hrs, I have a video monitor so can see and hear him at all times. X

funemnx
04-01-2013, 05:46 PM
Mine sleep better in cots - I have tried them in a buggy but they always try to turn over in their sleep and wake up Lol! :rolleyes:

CAZMCA
04-01-2013, 06:04 PM
I like the dog bed idea, much better than the sleep mats they get in nurseries

janminder
04-01-2013, 06:28 PM
One in a travel cot and one in buggy as wont go in the cot, screams at the sight of it!! Mum says he prefers pram during the day too.

blue bear
04-01-2013, 06:46 PM
Prams in the garden and older one on the sofa, I've got two travel cots but never seem to have chikdren who settle well in them.

loocyloo
04-01-2013, 07:24 PM
prams in the garden and then i have some mats that go on the floor ( my latest one is an argos value exercise mat! wipe clean !!!! as had LO who often wets when in a deep sleep, but doesn't always want/need a sleep! )

i used to have them sleeping in different rooms, but about mid november i tried them all in the dining room and it works! all sleep at the same time and know that when they wake, and decide it is time to get up, they come through to play room.

Maza
04-01-2013, 07:49 PM
Travel cot in my room. I live in a flat and can't easily get pushchairs upstairs.

bunyip
04-01-2013, 08:41 PM
My mindee sleeps very happily on the settee or nods off in the pushchair. I made numerous, prolonged attempts to get her to settle upstairs by she has always screamed herself hoarse the whole time. The cot, bedding and baby monitor were all a total waste of money. :(

jackie 7
04-01-2013, 10:20 PM
I have 3 travel cots and 2 flat beds a nursery gave me so as they get older I mover them to flat beds. They sleep better in bed so I get time to tidy up, do paperwork, ironing or just put my feet up.

clareelizabeth1
04-01-2013, 10:39 PM
I use the sofa, or a real cot never liked travel cots as I always felt like I would fall in them when putting LO in and out.

I have in the past used the big garden chair cushions as beds LOs slept very well on them

The Juggler
04-01-2013, 11:06 PM
travel cots, sofa, bed /readybed in bedroom. previously one in a pushchair a few years back

TAZ
05-01-2013, 09:35 PM
I have 2 travel cots and 2 spare matresses. The children always go for their naps in a cot / bed as I find they sleep better this way. Occasionally the baby will fall asleep in the pushchair in which case he will get his short morning nap in there.

In the past I had a new mindee (just turned 1) who refused to go to sleep in the travel cot - he would scream if I put him in there. I discussed it with Mum & said I would use the pushchair (& go for a walk if necessary) to settle him for a sleep for 6 weeks then try again - Mum was happy with this. When we tried the travel cot again & after 2 days he stopped fussing much when going down for a nap & slept much better.

bernesewalking
06-01-2013, 07:43 AM
Mine tend to fall asleep in the pushchair when we walk the dogs so I tend to leave them there,its the same when they are at their homes,they won't go into travel cots,

jadavi
06-01-2013, 07:56 AM
It's a good idea to add this to permissions from parents as Ofsted like them to sleep in cots. Some parents prefer them in buggies (or that is what happens at home) so I got this in writing from them.

fionamadcat
07-01-2013, 02:02 PM
For me this seems to have changed over the holidays!! I have a 2.5 yr old who has always slept in my sitting room in a travel cot and screams if anything to do with her sleep routine changes. I also have a 20 month old who has until now slept mainly in the buggy or on the sofa, she has had some sleep issues and mum and dad over the holidays have done some sleep training so she is currently asleep in the playroom in a travel cot:) Am thrilled that they have got her sleeping better as they were having such a hard time with hardly any sleep but not sure how I can make it work here. Would love to put the 2 girls in the same room don't think it would work so it will mean the 4 yr old I have and I will need to decamp to the kitchen. Did think about putting the 20 month old upstairs but at the moment you need to stay in the room with her till she falls asleep so not really practical with other lo's. Also not sure about evacuating if there was a fire, would have to up and get her before getting others so think I would rather have everyone together on 1 floor.

little chickee
08-01-2013, 04:00 PM
Today my 18 month old mindee fell asleep in a cardboard box in the living room!