PDA

View Full Version : NCMA or MM?!

Mrs M
04-01-2013, 04:00 PM
I've been a childminder for five years and have always been a member of the NCMA. I have just telephoned Morton Michel and am impressed with what they can offer. I have decided to move to them!

cathtee
04-01-2013, 05:44 PM
I've been minding for a very long time and have always been with mm,

Porridge
09-01-2013, 10:45 PM
I changed over after 4 years with NCMA. I couldn't honestly see what extra I was getting for all that extra money?! (Feel free to correct me - I'm up for renewal in a couple of months!):)

sarah707
10-01-2013, 07:56 AM
As you know Mrs M I have always been insured with MM - I still go to any local NCMA meetings that I fancy to enhance my professional development and have a gossip with people I don't see very often - I just have to pay slightly more :D

cindyn207
10-01-2013, 08:42 AM
im with NCMA at the moment , but i will be looking round for a better and if possible cheaper deal when im up for renewal .

Jayne.G
14-01-2013, 01:08 PM
I've always been with the NCMA - partly because the membership was paid for the first year when i registered and the rest was just not taking the time to look anywhere else :blush:
I just wondered how the benefits & price compared and if MM were worth a look

Thanks

speedy50
24-01-2013, 10:10 PM
Im up for my first renewal with NCMA is MM alot cheaper for the same kind of service?

sarah707
25-01-2013, 08:36 AM
Im up for my first renewal with NCMA is MM alot cheaper for the same kind of service?

They are very similar for insurance - NCMA is a charity as you know.

I suggset you look on both websites and compare what they offer :D

wendywu
25-01-2013, 08:59 AM
I changed after 15 years with the NCMA to MM only because of the lack of help they seemed to offer some minders on here when they need help with disputes and claiming back money owed :D

anocas
16-05-2013, 11:25 AM
I changed after 15 years with the NCMA to MM only because of the lack of help they seemed to offer some minders on here when they need help with disputes and claiming back money owed :D

I used to have insurance with NCMA and then I was advised to change to MM,for the simple reason as being cheaper.Have been with MM for many years now,couldn't complain.But reading the various opinions of different childminders,it seams to me that one or the other are both the same.at the end of the day they are insurance companies,they want their money and that's that.For example I have followed everything by the book,have my policies,sat down with parents went through everything,believe me everything.Unfortunately just recently a parent just pulled the rug from under my feet.so basically when I contacted MM regarding a debt recovery and contract dispute cover,MM does not deal any of these issues.it is a different company and believe you me they will fight all the way to find excuses.I have all my paper work all in order and i even thought that i was very or even above a working professional standard.I am an Outstanding childminder,never had to deal with anything like this,but there is always a first.SO what I am trying to say is that as a childminder the MM contract is pretty much a contract with a parent nothing else.Do make shure that when you take a new parent ( child ) you fill up the contract (because this is only valid really for OFSTED ) give a parent a copy of your policies,get them to sign every single page.whatever you agree with them put it down and sign,BUT ABOVE ALL PLEASE PLEASE MAKE A DIRECT DEBIT OR STANDING ORDER WITH THE PARENT.WITHOUT THIS YOUR CONTRACT IS WORTHLESS. I AM NO LONGER DISPUTING WITH THE PARENT,I AM DISPUTING WITH THOSE WHO I PAY TO HELP ME FOR WHEN A CASE LIKE THIS HAPPENS.I will let you know how we end up.So NCMA OR MM pretty much the same,you are your own insurance,play safe

Crippa
19-05-2013, 12:21 PM
I found MM a lot more competitive plus you don't have to buy and use their specific contracts for your insurance to be relevant. They also helped me with my contents home insurance as my previous insurer would not insure me as a childminder.