PDA

View Full Version : Any one else had to close for the noro?

jadavi
04-01-2013, 10:26 AM
First time in 18 months that i've been running that I've had to close as each family member one by one over the week has gone down with it... Yesterday even the dog!!!!!
Feel so guilty applying the 48 hour rule but I know I have to,,,,

christine e
04-01-2013, 10:31 AM
I had to close for 24 hours on the last full week before Christmas was ill over the weekend but the 48 hour rule ran over to the Monday so I closed for only the 3rd time in 22 years (due to illness)- parents fully understood that it was in their best interest and some of them insisted on paying me:clapping:

lynncjt
04-01-2013, 08:25 PM
I had it about 4 weeks ago - started on the Thursday night and was not sick after Friday night so only had to close on Friday.

Still felt under the weather on Monday so gave the parents the option of sending or not, guess what..... they all sent the kids apart from the after schoolie whose parents insisted on still paying!

Zoomie
04-01-2013, 10:27 PM
Not now, but about 3 years ago, DH was abroad, and one by one we (3 children and me) all went down with V&D. I was closed for 10 days (ran from Saturday to the Monday of the week after). I then returned to work for 4 days and DH arrived home that Thursday. On the Friday I felt really rough, so when my DD and mindee went for a nap after lunch I also had a lie down. Mindee was collected at 3pm and I went back to bed. I stayed there for 6 more days (so was closed the whole of the next week) with a raging temperature. Fortunately as it was now Easter GP agreed to give me an antibiotic and I then started to get better. I eventually started back to work on the Tuesday after Easter, which was when my new mindee (who was suppose to have settling in session on the Sat when we were first hit by V&D) finally started .... 3 weeks late.

SYLVIA
04-01-2013, 10:36 PM
Yes had to close for thurs/fri 2 weekends before xmas. Caught it from a mindee on the wednesday. Ive worked extra days for a couple of families since then instead of not being paid and the others didn't worry about it.

lizduncan72
05-01-2013, 09:42 AM
Not yet fortunately and really hoping we don't catch it once kids are back to school next week and around other people's bugs again!!

Roseolivia
05-01-2013, 11:46 AM
Yes, think it was end of November. Alfie came down with it on the Saturday so obviously closed Monday, Rose then came down with it Monday so reopened Thursday for me to then come down with it the Thursday night so shut until the Monday. Was dreading dp getting it but he luckily seemed to miss it.