PDA

View Full Version : Hello, im new and hoping for info to help my decision making, please

woowit
04-01-2013, 08:50 AM
Good morning, i am currantly a teaching assisstant and have worked within the eyfs for 3 years. I am hoping to have a another child within the next year and once he/she is 3months old i am hoping to become a registered child minder. I have a few questions which i will list below, i hope this is ok forems are very different and i hope this is not deemed rude on this one.
Am i allowed to have a young child of my own and care for others?
Can you choose to have children aged 3 and under only?
How many can you have at one time?
and...
What is a rough hourly amount per child fee wise?

Thank you in advance for you help :thumbsup:

dette
04-01-2013, 09:08 AM
yes you can have a child of your own and mind others
you can have 6 under 8 yrs in total including your own children ..3 of whom can be under 5 yrs and 1 of these can be under 1yr
you can choose what children you cae for...its your business
as for hourly rate ..it varies across the country.go on childcare.co.uk and check out local prices near yourself xx
goodluck xx

FussyElmo
04-01-2013, 09:10 AM
Good morning, i am currantly a teaching assisstant and have worked within the eyfs for 3 years. I am hoping to have a another child within the next year and once he/she is 3months old i am hoping to become a registered child minder. I have a few questions which i will list below, i hope this is ok forems are very different and i hope this is not deemed rude on this one.
Am i allowed to have a young child of my own and care for others?
Can you choose to have children aged 3 and under only?
How many can you have at one time?
and...
What is a rough hourly amount per child fee wise?

Thank you in advance for you help :thumbsup:

Yes you are allowed your own children and childmind in fact a good percentage of us have/have had young children.

You can choose whatever children you wish to look after some prefer prescoollies some schoolies.

Rule of thumb on numbers is (you have to include your own child in these numbers) 3 under the age of 5 and 3 over. Over 8's not included in your numbers but check youy insurance etc.

Hourly amount varies from cm to cm and area to area.

Welcome to the forum :thumbsup:

woowit
04-01-2013, 09:12 AM
thank you i will have a look now, i just want to make sure i am not hugley out of pocket, although the saving in my own childcare fees should see that this is not the case x

jadavi
04-01-2013, 10:21 AM
Think £4 an hour per child (£6 antisocial hours) is the going rate but way higher inner cities .